Acousto-optic Modulator: Introduction
- An acousto-optic modulator (AOM) is a device used to control and modulate the power of a laser beam with an electrical drive signal
- AOM uses sound waves within a crystal to create a diffraction grating. The amount of diffracted light varies proportionally, as the power of the applied RF signal is varied.
- One of the major factors in selecting a modulator is the required speed of a modulator, as it influences the choice of material, modulator design, and RF driver to be used. The speed of the modulator is described by the rise time, which is proportional to the time required for the acoustic wave to traverse the optical beam.
- The modulators are made from gallium phosphide, tellurium dioxide, indium phosphide, or fused quartz for the visible and near infrared regions
- Acousto-optic modulator is used in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense, healthcare, IT& telecom, oil & gas, semiconductor & electronics, and others
Rise in Demand for Laser Applications in Life Science and Scientific Research Field
- Acousto-optic modulators are largely used in life science and scientific research, as these are utilized in laser scanning, printing, and material processing, among other applications
- Demand for acoustic-optic modulators has increased in scientific research, as the research is conducted in various fields such as photoacoustic imaging, imaging cytometry, optical coherence tomography, and multiphoton microscopy in biomedical imaging and scanning
- Usage of acousto-optic modulators helps to modulate the frequency and intensity of laser beams for laser scanning applications
- In order to improve the accuracy of acousto-optic modulators, various factors are taken into consideration such as use of advanced technology, optical power, beam diameter, rise time, and desired contrast ratio
- The factors above drive demand for acousto-optic modulators in the scientific research field, which in turn is projected to propel the global acousto-optic modulator market during the forecast period
- However, high initial cost and increase in requirement-specific research and development expenses on this technology are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global acousto-optic modulator market.
North America to Lead the Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market
- In terms of region, the global acousto-optic modulator market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to dominate the global acousto-optic modulator market during the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of acousto-optic modulators operate in the region
- A number of well-established players based in North America focus on development of new technology in acousto-optic modulators, which is likely to augment the acousto-optic modulator market in the region from 2020 to 2030
- The acousto-optic modulator market in Europe and Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace from 2020 to 2030.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market
The global acousto-optic modulator market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market focus on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rise in demand for acousto-optic modulators. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global acousto-optic modulator market are:
- A·P·E Angewandte Physik & Elektronik GmbH
- AA Opto Electronic
- AMS Technologies AG
- Brimrose Corporation
- Gooch & Housego plc
- Isomet Corporation
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Lambda Photometrics Ltd.
- Shenzhen Lightcomm Technology Co., Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Acousto-optic Modulator Market, Request for a Sample
Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market: Research Scope
Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market, by Device Type
- Frequency Shifters
- Tunable Filters
- Mode Lockers
- Pulse Pickers/Cavity Dumpers
- RF Drivers
Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market, by Application
- Material Processing
- Laser Processing
- Micro Processing
Global Acousto-optic Modulator Market, by Vertical
- Aerospace & Defense
- IT & Telecom
- Life Science & Scientific Research
- Oil & Gas
- Semiconductor & Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.