Acoustic Glass Market: Introduction
- The global acoustic glass market is anticipated to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to growth in the construction and automotive industries
- Acoustic glass is primarily used in busy areas such as motorways, main roads, and airports. It can be used in interior sound insulation, such as office partitions and meeting rooms. It can also be used in overhead or roof glazing in order to reduce the sound of rain.
- Acoustic glass lowers outside noise. This can lead to improved productivity of the occupants. Acoustic laminated glass also offers benefits of properties of standard laminated glass. It provides insulation from rain impact noise when used in overhead or roof glazing.
Key Drivers of Acoustic Glass Market
- Noise pollution has been adversely affecting people since the start of industrialization. It may cause hearing loss, sleep disturbances, and stress and heart diseases. There has been a rise in public spending on health since the last two to three years. This trend is expected to continue in the next few years. Acoustic insulation materials, such as glass, are widely used by different industry players to decrease the ill-effects of noise pollution among employees. Demand for acoustic glass materials has been rising, owing to their increased usage in the building & construction industry. Regulations limiting noise are being imposed by different countries. For example, in the U.S., the Occupational Noise Exposure Regulation mandates that industrial employers must limit noise exposure of their employees to 90 dB (A). Implementation of such regulations leads to an increase in the use of acoustic insulation materials in the U.S.
- Acoustic insulation is used in the automotive industry for soundproofing against sound systems installed, engines and other machinery sounds, and external noise. Acoustic glass materials are used as hood liners, sun visors, engine covers, firewalls, and transmission tunnels in cars and other automotive vehicles. The use of acoustic insulation in the transportation industry has been increasing owing to their excellent sound absorption and sound reduction qualities.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Acoustic Glass Market report
Automotive End-use Industry Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of value and volume, the automotive segment is estimated to account for significant share of the global market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to growth in the automotive industry in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
- Acoustic glass is a laminated glass that consists of two or more sheets of glass, bonded together with one or more acoustic layers. These interlayers act as a noise dampening core, weakening the sound as it travels through the glass.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Acoustic Glass Market
- Based on region, the global acoustic glass market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific accounted for significant share of the global acoustic glass market in 2019. The region is anticipated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to the growth in the automotive industry. China is the largest producer of chemicals, paints and coatings, and glass in Asia Pacific. This is projected to boost the market in the country during the forecast period.
- Rise in FDI investment in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is a key factor likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be attractive regions of the global acoustic glass market during the forecast period. Latin America constitutes countries such as Brazil and Mexico, which are major automotive manufacturing countries in the world. They are also manufacturing hubs for numerous industries. Economic growth in these countries is likely to create opportunities for the acoustic glass market in Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Acoustic Glass Market
Key Players in Acoustic Glass Market
Various players operate in the global acoustic glass market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to agreements and partnerships by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe in order to capitalize on untapped market potential. Key players operating in the acoustic glass market include:
- AGC Inc.
- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group
- SYP Glass
- Jiangsu Tiemao Glass, etc.
Global Acoustic Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Acoustic Glass Market, by Type
- Double Deck Glass
- Three-layered Glass
Global Acoustic Glass Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
Global Acoustic Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!