Acid Copolymers Market: Introduction
- The global acid copolymers market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in demand for these polymers in various industries such as water treatment, drilling fluids, oil & gas, and cement. Expansion of the specialty chemicals industry in countries in Asia Pacific, such as India, Taiwan, and Thailand, also offers significant opportunities to the acid copolymers market.
- Acid copolymer resins offer excellent adhesion to polar substrates without the need for primers. Therefore, they are widely used in liquid aseptic, dry food, laminated tube container packaging, and cable shielding applications.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Acid Copolymers Market
- Oilfield chemicals, which include corrosion & scale inhibitors, surfactants, and demulsifiers, are high value products. In crude oil reserves, there is a risk of corrosion and scale deposition in certain operations such as drilling, production, stimulation, and transport in the oilfield sector. Inhibitors are used during these operations to prevent corrosion and scale formation. Surfactants are widely employed in exploration, drilling, production, well stimulation, enhanced oil recovery, and workover operations in the oilfield sector.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Water Treatment Chemicals Application Segment to Offer Immense Opportunities
- In terms of value and volume, the water treatment chemicals application segment is estimated to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period, owing to rise in demand for water treatment chemicals, including scale and corrosion inhibitors and surfactants in numerous applications. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period due to expansion of the specialty chemicals industry in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
- Acid copolymers are also used in the production of drilling fluids. Drilling fluids are utilized in several functions such as control of downhole formation pressure, cooling and lubrication of the drill bit, and scavenging cuttings generated by drill bit from boreholes.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Acid Copolymers Market
- In terms of value and volume, North America accounted for significant share of the global acid copolymers market in 2019. It is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, due to expansion of the water treatment industry and rise in demand for cement products in the region.
- North America is a prominent producer of shale gas in the world. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, shale gas is likely to account for 50% share of demand for domestic gas in the U.S. by 2035. The U.S. has already moved from being a notable importer of gas, globally to being self-sufficient in less than decade. Oilfield chemicals are extensively employed during the production of shale gas. This is a major driver that is anticipated to make North America a highly lucrative region of the global acid copolymers market.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be lucrative regions of the global acid copolymers market during the forecast period. Latin America constitutes countries such as Brazil and Mexico, which are key manufacturers of specialty chemicals in the world. They are also manufacturing hubs for many industries. Economic growth in these countries is likely to create opportunities for the acid copolymers market in Latin America.
Key Players in Market
Key players operating in the global acid copolymers market include:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Newpark Resources Inc.
- Tytan Organics
- Sepcor, Inc.
Global Acid Copolymers Market: Research Scope
Global Acid Copolymers Market, by Type
- Ethylene Acid Copolymer
- Maleic Acid Copolymer
- Acrylamide Acid Copolymer
Global Acid Copolymers Market, by Application
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Cement Slurry
Global Acid Copolymers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.