Acetone Derivatives Market: Introduction
- Acetone derivatives are widely used as solvents and chemical intermediates. They are employed in the coatings industry as solvents for nitrocellulose and other cellulose ethers and for vinyl chloride–vinyl acetate and other resins. They are also used in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, plastics, fibers, and films.
- Properties such as slow evaporation, low surface tension, low density, and high boiling point make acetone derivatives an important solvent, which can be used for high-solid coatings
- Along with the paints & coating industry, acetone derivatives are utilized in plastics, fibers, and films industries. They are also used in mining and metal extraction processes as ore-floating agents.
Key Drivers of Global Acetone Derivatives Market
- Acetone derivatives are widely used in the paints & coatings industry and as contact cement solvents in the construction industry. Increasing population and urbanization is leading to growth of the global construction industry. This, in turn, is driving the global acetone derivatives market.
- Technological advancements in high-performance engines call for high-performance lubricants and fuels in order to perform in an efficient manner. Owing to this, the demand for acetone derivatives from the fuel & lubricant industry has risen.
- Rise in the production in automotive and aerospace industries is fueling the demand for protective coatings. This, in turn, is boosting the global acetone derivatives market
- Strategic acquisitions taking place in the global acetone derivatives market are driving the market. For instance, in November 2019, Ketones & Additives, LLC, an affiliate of ALTIVIA Petrochemicals, acquired Dow's acetone derivatives business and associated chemical manufacturing assets. The acetone derivatives business segment of Dow manufactures ketones and carbinols, which are used primarily in coatings, adhesives, and pharmaceutical industries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
High Costs of Raw Materials to Restrain Global Acetone Derivatives Market
- Stringent regulations on the usage of acetone derivatives are expected to restrain the global acetone derivatives market during the forecast period
Global Acetone Derivatives Market: Application Segments
- In terms of application, the global acetone derivatives market can be segmented into additives, degreasers, coupling agents, cleaning agents, and others
- The additives segment is projected to account for a major share of the global acetone derivatives market by 2027
- Expanding at a significant rate, the cleaning agents segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other industrial applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Acetone Derivatives
- In terms of region, the global acetone derivatives market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Asia Pacific acetone derivatives market is expected to witness continuous growth during the forecast period, followed by Latin America. Driven by growth in sales of acetone derivatives in various end-user sectors in the region, the Asia Pacific market is expected to witness sustainable growth in the next few years.
- The cosmetics & personal care industry in regions such as the Middle East is strong. This factor makes the Middle East a potential market for acetone derivatives.
- Regions such as North America and Western Europe are mature markets. Despite this, strong presence of paints & coatings, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries in these regions make them promising markets for acetone derivatives.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global acetone derivatives market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- BASF SE
- Dow Chemical Company
- Sasol Solvents
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Celanese Corporation
- Shell Chemicals
- Solvay Chemicals
- Exxon Mobil
- Arkema Group
- Shell Corporation
Global Acetone Derivatives Market: Research Scope
Global Acetone Derivatives Market, by Product
- Isobutyl Heptyl Ketone
- Diisobutyl Ketone
- Mesityl Oxide
- Diacetone Alcohol
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
- Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol
Global Acetone Derivatives Market, by Application
- Coupling Agents
- Cleaning Agents
Global Acetone Derivatives Market, by End-use
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Building & Construction
- Paints & Coatings
Global Acetone Derivatives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.