- Acetoacetanilide is a white solid organic compound and derivative of aromatic amine
- Acetoacetanilide is the acetoacetamide derivative of aniline. It is produced by acetoacetylation of aniline using diketene. It is soluble in several solvents such as benzene, chloroform, ethanol, ligroin, ether, sodium hydroxide, and caustic soda solution. It is poorly soluble in water.
- Acetoacetanilide is used during the production of paints and coatings, agrochemicals, dyes and pigments, etc. Acetoacetanilide is also used in various industries such as agriculture, pharmaceutical, plastic, and paints & coatings. It is also used for thiophene. The reaction of acetoacetanilide 1 with elemental sulfur and malononitrile 2 gives the thiophene derivative, which is generally used in pharmaceutical industry.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Acetoacetanilide Market
- Constant growth in population and increase in demand for food products have elevated the emphasis on agriculture. This is driving the demand for fertilizers and pesticides. Acetoacetanilide is used extensively in fertilizers due to its ability to increase the crop yield. Expansion of the agriculture industry in developed and developing economies is driving the global acetoacetanilide market.
- Rapid urbanization has led to the growth of the construction industry, which has been one of the dominant factors offering lucrative opportunities for the acetoacetanilide market. Acetoacetanilide is employed in formulation of pigments, which are used as important ingredients in the production of paints, inks, coatings, etc. The paints & coatings industry has been witnessing significant growth due to increase in residential and commercial construction activities. Thus, expansion of the construction industry is one of the key factors likely to drive the market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for bio-based chemicals, due to the growth in environmental concerns and implementation of strict environmental regulations on usage of toxic ingredients in the production of paints and coatings, is a key factor restraining the global acetoacetanilide market
Acetoacetanilide Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global acetoacetanilide market can be divided into agrochemicals, dyes & pigments, coatings, and others
- Agrochemicals and paints & coatings segments are major application segments of the acetoacetanilide market. Rise in population and increase in demand for agricultural products are driving these segments.
COVID-19 Impact on Acetoacetanilide Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the global acetoacetanilide market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Acetoacetanilide Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global acetoacetanilide market in 2020. It is one of the highly lucrative regions for the market across the globe due to the growth of the paints & coatings industry as well as strong presence of manufacturers of acetoacetanilide in the region, especially in China and India. Rise in demand for acetoacetanilide in several end-use industries such as agriculture, pharmaceutical, plastic, and paints & coatings in China, Japan, India, Taiwan, and South Korea and has made Asia Pacific the largest competitor in the global acetoacetanilide market.
- Demand for acetoacetanilide is strong in the paints & coatings industry in countries such as India owing to the expansion of residential and commercial construction sectors. Rise in demand for products from the construction industry is propelling the paints & coatings industry, thus driving the acetoacetanilide market.
- Europe also holds large share of the global acetoacetanilide market. The market in the region is driven by growth of pharmaceutical and agriculture industries.
- The acetoacetanilide market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Acetoacetanilide Market
The global acetoacetanilide market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global acetoacetanilide market include:
- Eastman Chemical
- Cangzhou Goldlion Chemicals
- Mitsuboshi Chemical
- Laxmi Organic Industries
- Shanghai Qidian Chemical
- Jiaozhou Fine Chemical
- Jiangsu Changyu Chemical
- Hangzhou Dayangchem
- Nantong Acetic Acid Chemical
- Jiangsu Tiancheng Biochemical Products
Acetoacetanilide Market: Research Scope
Acetoacetanilide Market, by Type
- Dry Powder
- Wet Solid
Acetoacetanilide Market, by Application
- Dyes & Pigments
Acetoacetanilide Market, by End-use
- Paints & Coatings
Global Acetoacetanilide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.