Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market: Overview
- Acetal (POM) copolymer is also known as polyacetal, polyoxymethylene (POM), or polyformaldehyde. It is semi-crystalline thermoplastic or high performance engineering polymer used in several technical applications.
- Acetal (POM) copolymer has low friction coefficient, high tensile strength, and durability, creep resistance to impact and fatigue, and good machinability. Due to these properties, acetal (POM) copolymer are used to replace conventional materials, such as metals, in lightweight automotive manufacturing.
- It is used to manufacture precision parts, which need low friction, high chemical tolerance, heat and abrasion resistance, good dimensional stability, etc. It is stable in alkaline environments.
- Application areas of acetal (POM) copolymer include medical devices, consumer electronics, small gears, furniture components, speaker grills, plastic zippers, bearing, window guides, lighters, gears, aerosol valves, fasteners, etc.
- Acetal (POM) copolymer is available in opaque white color, and carbon black is added to protect the product from UV-light
- Acetal (POM) is resistant to strong alkalis, thermal-oxidative degradation, and hydrolysis. It is free from porosity due to which it is ideal grade for food and medical applications.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market
- Growing demand from various application industries, such as transportation, electronics, and construction, is anticipated to drive the global acetal (POM) copolymer market. Increasing application in food and packaging is also driving the demand for acetal (POM) copolymer.
- Acetal (POM) copolymer are used to produce precision parts with good sliding properties and dimensional stability. Such precision parts are used in automotive, electrical & electronics, industrial, and drug delivery applications.
- Emerging economies are expected to witness significant demand for acetal (POM) copolymer during the forecast period. Increase in demand for cost effective construction materials in developing countries is likely to boost the acetal (POM) copolymer market growth. Acetal (POM) copolymer-based construction materials are replacing other conventional materials, such as metal, wood, etc.
- These products are easy to install, resistant to weather changes, less expensive, lighter, and provide various performance advantages than conventional materials
Electrical & Electronics Application Segment to Grow at Significant Rate
- In terms of application, the global acetal (POM) copolymer market can be segmented into consumer goods, electrical & electronics, industrial, construction, transportation, and others
- Demand for acetal (POM) copolymer for use in various electrical & electronics applications has been increasing. This is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
- Acetal (POM) copolymer is used in medical applications, as it can provide high tensile and thermal strength. Thus, high performance standards make acetal (POM) copolymer a superior option for different medical applications.
- Demand for acetal (POM) copolymer in furniture component manufacturing has been increasing. This is likely to provide growth opportunities to the global acetal (POM) copolymer market.
- Acetal (POM) copolymer is nontoxic when it is used in solid form due to which, it is widely used in food & packaging application
Asia Pacific to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global acetal (POM) copolymer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global acetal (POM) copolymer market. This market in China is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- Substantial growth of the automotive industry in emerging economies, such as India and China, is anticipated to fuel the regional acetal (POM) copolymer market. Increase in consumption of acetal (POM) copolymer for various applications, including automotive, electrical & electronics, and construction, is likely to drive the market in the region.
- North America is the second major market for acetal (POM) copolymer, followed by Europe and Middle East & Africa. The acetal (POM) copolymer market in Europe is anticipated to grow gradually due to increase in demand for household appliances, automotive components, medical goods, and consumer goods.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Acetal (POM) copolymer market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global Acetal (POM) copolymer market are focusing on entering partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global Acetal (POM) copolymer market include:
- Blackwell Plastics
- McNeal Enterprises
- Polymer Technology and Services (PTS)
- Quadrant Engineering Plastics Products
- RTP Company
- Albis Plastics
- Asahi Kasei
- Beijing Ranger Chemical Co
Global Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market: Research Scope
Global Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market, by Application
- Consumer Goods
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Medical, Food & Packaging, etc.)
Global Acetal (POM) Copolymer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.