ABS Alloys: Introduction
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) alloy is a blended alloy formed by mixing of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and other metals in a specified amount. ABS alloys are classified into two major categories: Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS alloys) and Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloys (PET ABS alloys).
- ABS is a kind of resin with excellent mechanical properties and molding performance. Polycarbonate (PC) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) are thermoplastics with excellent properties such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, heat resistance, transparency, low water absorption, non-toxicity, good dielectric properties, easy coloring, aging resistance, and strong electric insulation.
- Polycarbonate ABS alloy is a type of blended alloy formed by mixing of ABS and PC. It is one of the widely used industrial thermoplastics. Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloy is the mixture of ABS terpolymer and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It increases flowability and has excellent comprehensive performances.
- ABS alloys possess better thermal stability. Thus, they are widely employed in household appliances, office equipment, communication equipment, camera and medical equipment, building and lightening appliances, aerospace, and computers and optical fibers. ABS alloys are typically used in applications such as middle console, glove box, overhead console, knee bolster, and lower instrument panels in the automotive industry. Properties such as high strength and heat resistance allow these alloys to be used in automobile interiors, exteriors, and lighting systems.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ABS Alloys Market
- Growth in the automotive industry in emerging economies such as China, India, and Japan is anticipated to boost the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in global consumption of polycarbonate ABS alloys (PC ABS alloys) in the automotive industry, owing to its benefits such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, is expected to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of ABS alloys in the near future. Excellent dielectric and better thermal stability properties exhibited by ABS alloys are also boosting the ABS alloys market.
- Increase in demand for ABS alloys in the automobile industry and the household appliances sector has encouraged researchers to develop new and modified alloys with excellent mechanical properties, resistance to hydrolysis and chemicals, free-spraying, ultra-low gloss, and eco-friendly nature. This is anticipated to fuel the global ABS alloys market in the near future. However, compatibility issues of ABS alloys products is a key factor restraining the ABS alloys market.
ABS Alloys Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ABS alloys market can segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, architecture, and others
- The automotive segment is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of ABS alloys in automotive interiors, exteriors, lighting systems, and other parts
North America to Dominate Global ABS Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global ABS alloys market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold significant share of the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by Europe. Demand for ABS alloys in the U.S. is projected to increase significantly during the forecast period, primarily due to the rise in demand for these alloys in architecture, automotive, and electrical & electronics sectors.
- The ABS alloys market in Europe is expected to be driven by the increase in demand for these alloys in automotive applications during the forecast period
- The ABS alloys market in China, India, Japan, and South Korea in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global ABS Alloys Market
The global ABS alloys market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global ABS alloys market include:
- Cheil Industries
- Polymer Technology & Services
- LG Chem
- Kumho Petrochemical
Global ABS Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Product Type
- Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS Alloys)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS Alloys (PET ABS alloys)
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.