ABS Alloys: Introduction
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) alloy is a blended alloy formed by mixing of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and other metals in a specified amount. ABS alloys are classified into two major categories: Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS alloys) and Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloys (PET ABS alloys).
- ABS is a kind of resin with excellent mechanical properties and molding performance. Polycarbonate (PC) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) are thermoplastics with excellent properties such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, heat resistance, transparency, low water absorption, non-toxicity, good dielectric properties, easy coloring, aging resistance, and strong electric insulation.
- Polycarbonate ABS alloy is a type of blended alloy formed by mixing of ABS and PC. It is one of the widely used industrial thermoplastics. Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloy is the mixture of ABS terpolymer and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It increases flowability and has excellent comprehensive performances.
- ABS alloys possess better thermal stability. Thus, they are widely employed in household appliances, office equipment, communication equipment, camera and medical equipment, building and lightening appliances, aerospace, and computers and optical fibers. ABS alloys are typically used in applications such as middle console, glove box, overhead console, knee bolster, and lower instrument panels in the automotive industry. Properties such as high strength and heat resistance allow these alloys to be used in automobile interiors, exteriors, and lighting systems.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ABS Alloys Market
- Growth in the automotive industry in emerging economies such as China, India, and Japan is anticipated to boost the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in global consumption of polycarbonate ABS alloys (PC ABS alloys) in the automotive industry, owing to its benefits such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, is expected to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of ABS alloys in the near future. Excellent dielectric and better thermal stability properties exhibited by ABS alloys are also boosting the ABS alloys market.
- Increase in demand for ABS alloys in the automobile industry and the household appliances sector has encouraged researchers to develop new and modified alloys with excellent mechanical properties, resistance to hydrolysis and chemicals, free-spraying, ultra-low gloss, and eco-friendly nature. This is anticipated to fuel the global ABS alloys market in the near future. However, compatibility issues of ABS alloys products is a key factor restraining the ABS alloys market.
ABS Alloys Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ABS alloys market can segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, architecture, and others
- The automotive segment is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of ABS alloys in automotive interiors, exteriors, lighting systems, and other parts
North America to Dominate Global ABS Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global ABS alloys market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold significant share of the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by Europe. Demand for ABS alloys in the U.S. is projected to increase significantly during the forecast period, primarily due to the rise in demand for these alloys in architecture, automotive, and electrical & electronics sectors.
- The ABS alloys market in Europe is expected to be driven by the increase in demand for these alloys in automotive applications during the forecast period
- The ABS alloys market in China, India, Japan, and South Korea in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global ABS Alloys Market
The global ABS alloys market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global ABS alloys market include:
- Cheil Industries
- Polymer Technology & Services
- LG Chem
- Kumho Petrochemical
Global ABS Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Product Type
- Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS Alloys)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS Alloys (PET ABS alloys)
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.