ABS Alloys: Introduction
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) alloy is a blended alloy formed by mixing of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and other metals in a specified amount. ABS alloys are classified into two major categories: Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS alloys) and Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloys (PET ABS alloys).
- ABS is a kind of resin with excellent mechanical properties and molding performance. Polycarbonate (PC) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) are thermoplastics with excellent properties such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, heat resistance, transparency, low water absorption, non-toxicity, good dielectric properties, easy coloring, aging resistance, and strong electric insulation.
- Polycarbonate ABS alloy is a type of blended alloy formed by mixing of ABS and PC. It is one of the widely used industrial thermoplastics. Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS alloy is the mixture of ABS terpolymer and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It increases flowability and has excellent comprehensive performances.
- ABS alloys possess better thermal stability. Thus, they are widely employed in household appliances, office equipment, communication equipment, camera and medical equipment, building and lightening appliances, aerospace, and computers and optical fibers. ABS alloys are typically used in applications such as middle console, glove box, overhead console, knee bolster, and lower instrument panels in the automotive industry. Properties such as high strength and heat resistance allow these alloys to be used in automobile interiors, exteriors, and lighting systems.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global ABS Alloys Market
- Growth in the automotive industry in emerging economies such as China, India, and Japan is anticipated to boost the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in global consumption of polycarbonate ABS alloys (PC ABS alloys) in the automotive industry, owing to its benefits such as high impact strength, creep resistance, good dimensional stability, is expected to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of ABS alloys in the near future. Excellent dielectric and better thermal stability properties exhibited by ABS alloys are also boosting the ABS alloys market.
- Increase in demand for ABS alloys in the automobile industry and the household appliances sector has encouraged researchers to develop new and modified alloys with excellent mechanical properties, resistance to hydrolysis and chemicals, free-spraying, ultra-low gloss, and eco-friendly nature. This is anticipated to fuel the global ABS alloys market in the near future. However, compatibility issues of ABS alloys products is a key factor restraining the ABS alloys market.
ABS Alloys Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ABS alloys market can segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, architecture, and others
- The automotive segment is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of ABS alloys in automotive interiors, exteriors, lighting systems, and other parts
North America to Dominate Global ABS Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global ABS alloys market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold significant share of the global ABS alloys market during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by Europe. Demand for ABS alloys in the U.S. is projected to increase significantly during the forecast period, primarily due to the rise in demand for these alloys in architecture, automotive, and electrical & electronics sectors.
- The ABS alloys market in Europe is expected to be driven by the increase in demand for these alloys in automotive applications during the forecast period
- The ABS alloys market in China, India, Japan, and South Korea in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global ABS Alloys Market
The global ABS alloys market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global ABS alloys market include:
- Cheil Industries
- Polymer Technology & Services
- LG Chem
- Kumho Petrochemical
Global ABS Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Product Type
- Polycarbonate ABS Alloys (PC ABS Alloys)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate ABS Alloys (PET ABS alloys)
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global ABS Alloys Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!