COVID-19 Impact on 5G Substrate Materials Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for 5G substrate materials in numerous applications. Several governments across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. These lockdowns have resulted in slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, which are hampering the market.
- Key players operating in the 5G substrate materials market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for 5G substrate materials. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of 5G Substrate Materials Market: Growth of Internet Users and Computing Devices
- Globally, the number of internet users is increasing day by day. Every individual starting from children to adults are dependent on Internet. More than 60 percent of population has Internet access and uses Internet frequently. Work-from-home, remote learning, telehealth, high-definition videos are accelerating investments in modern communication infrastructure. After 4G technology, 5G technology is now booming due to faster speed and connectivity. Increase in usage of Internet is driving the global 5G substrate materials market.
- Rise in demand for cellphones is also one of driving factors of the market. According to “Source Today,” cellphones are likely to take the most market share of 5G by 2023.
Cost of 5G Material and Technological Challenges: Challenge of Global 5G Substrate Materials Market
Antenna, antenna radome, microwave circuits, power amplifiers, cables, circuit board substrate, and base station bricks are important components in 5G technology. Material used in 5G entails high cost and investment. Some manufacturers are facing technological challenges in 5G such as spectrum availability, complex network architecture, scarcity of 5G devices, regulations on radiation; and high investment. High performance materials are often expensive, and can create challenges in printed circuit board production. Common challenges include bonding copper to the substrate, machining features in the substrate, and matching the coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) between materials. Switching to unfamiliar materials requires time to educate manufacturers.
Competitive Landscape of Global 5G Substrate Materials Market
- Major players operating in the global 5G substrate materials market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- Asahi Glass Company (AGC) Inc.
- Kolon Industries
- JFE Holdings Inc.
- DAIKIN INDUSTRIES
- Shoe Denka Materials Co.,Ltd
- Kaneka Corporation
- Hitachi Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co.,Ltd
- Covestro AG
Global 5G Substrate Materials Market: Research Scope
Global 5G Substrate Materials Market, by Product Type
- Organic Laminates (Polytetrafluoroethylene, Polyamide, Liquid Crystal Polymer, and Others)
Global 5G Substrate Materials Market, by Application
- Base Stations
- Personal & Gaming Devices
- Wireless Technology Devices
Global 5G Substrate Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
5G Substrate Materials Market Introduction
- Substrate is a term used in material science and engineering to describe the base material on which processing is conducted. This surface could be used to produce new film or layers of materials such as deposited coatings. Substrate can be any type of material, including plastic, organic laminates, metal, and ceramics.
- 5G is the fifth generation wireless technology, which provides significant advancement such as faster speed, lower latency, improved connection density, and wider coverage. It enables implementation of Internet of things (IoT), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) applications, factory automation, vehicular communications, and other applications where security, reliability, quality of service, and efficiency are critical.
- 5G substrate materials are used in industries such as telecommunication, automotive, industrial 4.0; and social media. It can be used in smartphones, fixed wireless devices, base stations, personal devices, and gaming.
- The global 5G substrate materials market can be segmented based on product type and application
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.