Global 5G Modem Market - Introduction
- 5G modem is a RF-system or a chip, which is deployed as a part of the network infrastructure to help empower 5G devices to connect easily to networks. 5G modem is generally available in two modes - single mode and multi-mode.
- 5G modem supports the latest mmWave technology as well as 5G NR from 600MHz to 6GHz in both TDD and FDD flavors. 5G modem is three times faster than any LTE modem and can deliver download speeds up to 7.5 Gbps. Additionally, 5G modem can easily provide faster connection among the cloud and the user.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report?
Increasing Demand for Portable Devices: Key Driver
Adoption of portable devices is increasing among end-users across the world. Major devices adopted by end-users include smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, and laptops. Consequently, this has increased the demand for continuous cellular connectivity, which is further expected to fuel the demand for 5G modem globally.
- Smartphone adoption is accelerating across emerging regions and about 90% of the total smartphone subscribers are from emerging economies. India is expected to add approximately half a billion new subscribers over the next five years.
Growing adoption of portable devices and rise in mobile data usage are anticipated to fuel the 5G modem market’s growth over the forecast period. This is primarily due to the increasing number of consumers across the world. In addition, increase in mobile data traffic due to the penetration of smart devices among end-users is also expected to boost the demand for 5G modem across the world
- For instance, according to the Groupe Speciale Mobile Association (GSMA) Mobile Economy Report 2016, the penetration rate of smartphones is expected to rise from 63% in 2015 to 72% in 2020. Furthermore, 2.5 billion individuals across emerging nations were accessing the internet through mobile devices till 2015. Thus, mobile data usage penetration is expected to rise from 23% in 2015 to 37% in 2020.
Strict regulatory compliances for the development of 5G infrastructure expected to hamper the global 5G modem market
- Strict regulatory compliances worldwide related to development of network infrastructure is expected to negatively impact the growth of 5G infrastructure development.
- For instance, the Swiss Parliament (Switzerland) declined twice to reduce its radiation limits to license 5G. Furthermore, the Belgium government enforced strict guidelines on radiation and paused the installation of 5G trails.
- On the other hand, telecom vendors are constantly emphasizing on developing next-generation radio frequency systems or chips that can easily enable approximately 25% decline in power consumption, weight, and size in 5G infrastructure. Therefore, strict regulatory compliance for the development of 5G infrastructure is expected to restrain the global 5G modem market.
Looking for exclusive expert insights from business experts? Request a custom report here
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global 5G Modem Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G modem market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for major share of the global 5G modem market during the forecast period due to growing IoT/m2m connections coupled with wide-ranging network coverage, indicating potential growth of the 5G modem market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for 5G modem from 2019 to 2027. Increasing focus on developing new and advanced 5G chipset components is likely to boost the growth of the 5G modem market in the region.
- North America is projected to be a rapidly growing market for 5G modem during the forecast period due to increasing technological advancements to enhance network infrastructure specifically in the United States and Canada.
Key Players Operating in the Global 5G Modem Market
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Intel Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Samsung Group
- Spreadtrum Communications (Unisoc)
- MediaTek Inc.
Global 5G Modem Market: Research Scope
Global 5G Modem Market, by Download Speed
- Up to 5 Gbps
- Up to 6 Gbps
- More than 6 Gbps
Global 5G Modem Market, by Mode
Global 5G Modem Market, by Applications
- Base Station
- Connected Vehicles
- Broadband Access Gateway Devices
Global 5G Modem Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.