The 5G in defense market is estimated to observe stable growth across the assessment period of 2020-2030. The utilization of 5G technologies in defense sector due to minimized latency and maximized speed will bring tremendous growth opportunities for the 5G in defense market.
- The evolving role of defense across various countries and regions will have a large impact on the growth of the 5G in defense market. Many countries are focusing on improving their military infrastructure by upgrading varied technologies. For quick upgradation and high efficiency levels, seamless connectivity is necessary. Thus, these factors play an important role in the growth of the 5G in defense market.
- Government bodies of numerous countries are spending heavily on the defense infrastructure for protecting their borders from anti-social elements in the neighboring countries. In addition, clashes between certain neighboring countries will further strengthen the budgetary spending on the defense sector. Thus, all these factors bode well for the growth of the 5G in defense market.
- Expansion of the telecommunication infrastructure because of the support of the government bodies will have a major part in the growth of the 5G in defense market. The players in the 5G in defense market will have immense opportunities to generate profits due to the expansion measures undertaken by them.
5G in Defense: Introduction
- The 5th generation of global wireless standard is designed to connect virtually everyone and everything together including machines, objects, and devices.
- 5G technology is widely used in the defense sector for communication and security due to its specifications such as higher network speed and lower latency.
- 5G in defense market is segmented in terms of communication infrastructure, core network technology, platform, end-use, network type, chipset, operational frequency, installation, and region.
Rise in Demand for Small Cells
- In terms of communication infrastructure, the small cell segment is the fastest growing segment of the global 5G in defense market.
- With the introduction of 5G networks, data connectivity speed is expected to increase significantly, and small cells help facilitate 5G deployment. They are anticipated to play an important role in the market for 5G communication infrastructure.
- Based on platform, the airborne segment holds the second largest share of the global 5G in defense market due to its various applications in drones and communications with high efficiency.
- In May 2020, Ericsson signed a contract with T-Mobile US, Inc. This partnership enables high-quality voice services utilizing VoLTE in the SA architecture while the industry is fully developing Voice over New Radio (VoNR) 5G technology.
- Delay by the international community in the use of 5G for the defense sector, and lack of a knowledgeable workforce are the major restraints of the global 5G in defense market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on 5G in Defense Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the 5G in Defense Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G in defense market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to witness highest growth in the 5G in defense market throughout the forecast period due to the rise in investment by the US Department of Defense in 5G technology.
- Moreover, the growing use of connected systems through IoT, rising demand for low-latency communication technology, and the allocation of a wide frequency band to the US military has opened new opportunities for developers to develop 5G components and enhance the efficiency of the 5G system.
- The 5G in defense market in Asia Pacific is projected to hold the second largest share during the forecast period since the countries in the region are striving to improve the processing and functioning of ISR (intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance) systems.
- The 5G in defense market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global 5G in Defense Market
The global 5G in defense market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for 5G in defense. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global 5G in defense market are:
- Nokia Networks
- Thales Group
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Raytheon Technologies
- Ligado Networks
- Wind River Systems, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global 5G in Defense Market: Research Scope
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Communication Infrastructure
- Small cell
- Macro Cell
- Radio Access Network (RAN)
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Core Network Technology
- Software-defined Networking (SDN)
- Fog Computing (FC)
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Platform
Global 5G in Defense Market, by End-use
- Homeland Security
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Network Type
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB)
- Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications (URLLC)
- Massive Machine Type Communications (MMTC)
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Chipset
- Application-specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Chipset
- Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit (RFIC) Chipset
- Millimeter Wave (mmWave) Chipset
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Operational Frequency
Global 5G in Defense Market, by Installation
- New Implementation
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.