5G Equipment Market: Introduction
- 5G, also known as fifth-generation wireless technology, brings three new things together: lower latency (Responsiveness), wider channel (Speed), and bandwidth (Ability to attach a lot more device at once)
- 5G technology is delivering life-changing technology through next-generation networks. The 5G is intended to deliver high multi-Gbps peak data speed, large network capacity, ultra-low latency, improved accessibility, and a new identical user experience to additional users. Developed productivity and higher performance empower new user experience and connect new industries.
- 5G equipment utilizes multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antennas that have considerably huge numbers of antenna connections or elements to send and receive extra data simultaneously. The advantage to users is that several people can simultaneously link to the network and maintain high throughput. The 5G user equipment comprises devices and mobile phones that use MIMO antenna technology assembled into the device for the mm Wave frequencies.
- 5G equipment handles a variety of traffic types, including massive machine communication, enhanced mobile broadband, high-reliability application and low-latency to generate and analyze 5G new radio (NR) waveform
5G Equipment Market: Dynamics
5G Equipment Market: Key Drivers
- In the 5G equipment market, the spectrum is estimated to be a key concern in choosing equipment and carrier. Network slicing takes a page from the virtualization leaning that has determined more density, capacity, and proficiency in data hubs by using 5G network slicing to share additional idle resources and escalate complete usage. The network slicing, 5G carriers are expected to have enhanced deployment of their networks, controlling more users and transmitting more data instantaneously.
- 5G equipment is required at both ends of the connection to use the full suite 5G capabilities. On the carrier side, 5G antennas and infrastructure are needed, and on the client-side, 5G IoT device or 5G handset for mobile communication is needed.
- In the 5G equipment market, proximity is the additional weakness that companies must deliberate. In 5G millimeter wavelengths is used, which are lesser than 3G and 4G, and they do not travel a long distance. While the 5G exposure profile is smaller, the 5G signal can transmit more data. Carriers are planning a much superior array of antennas to deliver enough coverage in order to overcome this limitation.
- The high initial cost to implement and integrate 5G equipment is expected to hamper the market
Impact of COVID-19 on the 5G Equipment Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has a negative impact on the 5G equipment market. The telecom sector is playing an important role across the globe to support the digital infrastructure of countries because companies are decreasing their investment in new technologies and services to manage their profitability during COVID-19. In terms of revenue, the market is expected to expand in the next few years, as companies increase revenue earning to recover from the economic downturn associated with COVID-19.
North America to Hold Major Share of 5G Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America hold a major share of the global 5G equipment market primarily due to the presence of developed countries such as the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, the high rate of adoption of advanced technologies, such as IoT and wearable technology, further contributes to the market share held by North America.
- The global 5G equipment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the estimated period. Developing countries are mostly focused on implementation of new technologies and countries such as India, China, and Japan are emphasizing on investment in the 5G equipment market.
Key Players Operating in Global 5G Equipment Market
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. engages in the commercialization and development of products and foundational technologies that are used in wireless products and mobile devices, including network equipment and broadband gateway equipment. The company provides services and development to all parts of the globe. The company was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in California, U.S.
- ZTE Corporation
ZTE Corporation offers integrated information technology and telecommunication solutions worldwide. The company offers in wireless products, such as AAU series, baseband units, cell base station series, indoor coverage, ultra-broadband radio series, and microwave products. The company also provides cloud computing products, IoT products and also deals in 5G technology. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
Other key players operating in the global 5G equipment market include Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., NEC Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., STL - Sterlite Technologies Limited, Nokia, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsso, Cisco Systems, Inc., CommScope, Hitachi, Ltd., Airspan Networks, Inc., Equinix, Inc., and Qorvo.
5G Equipment Market: Research Scope
5G Equipment Market, by Equipment
- Macro Cell
- Small Cell
5G Equipment Market, by Technology
- Network Function Visualization (NFV)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
5G Equipment Market, by Architecture
- 5G Standalone (NR + Core)
- 5G NR Non-Standalone (LTE Combined)
5G Equipment Market, by Frequency
- Sub 6 GHz
- Above 6 GHz
5G Equipment Market, by End-user
5G Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.