5G Core: Introduction.
- 5G is the latest fifth generation mobile network technology. 5G technology is meant to deliver high speed data so that people can virtually connect to everyone and everything including objects, machines, and devices.
- 5G core is the soul of a 5G mobile network. It creates reliable, protected connectivity to the network for end consumer’s services. The main domain handles a wide range of crucial functions in the mobile network, such as mobility management, connectivity authorization and authentication, subscriber data management, and policy management.
- The overview of 5G core architecture and IT cloud/web-scale techniques replaces the automation equation, allowing an automation structure based on the exposure of automation components to each via application programming interface and creation of other closed-loops with feedback. Machine learning and artificial intelligence can be used to achieve the further benefits, such as predicted faults and automated avoidance.
5G Core Market: Dynamics
5G Core Market: Key Drivers
- Extensive implementation of IoT and constant improvements in Machine-to-Machine (M2M) networks are changing manufacturing industries by linking all types of systems, devices, appliances, and services. IoT is one of the several use cases that allows communication between large numbers of connected devices and sensors. The Iot can be classified into low-latency, high-power applications (such as mobile video scrutiny); and long-power IoT applications (smart factories and smart cities).
- Digitalization and automation have intensely changed the acceptance of mission-critical business applications in every line of business. Many sectors have undergone a digital revolution to handle the increasing need of consumers. 5G core market’s intrinsic capacity to support network slicing supports broader use of private LTE across the enterprise network.
- However, high capital investment for 5G core systems is expected to hamper the market during the forecast period
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global 5G Core Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has a negative impact on the 5G core market. During COVID-19, the telecom sector is playing an important role across the globe to support the digital infrastructure of countries. Revenue of the market is expected to rise in the coming years as companies start making profit to recover from the economic downturn associated with COVID-19.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global 5G Core Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G core market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global 5G core market in 2020. The U.S. is an important market in the implementation of new technologies. Strong financial position allows the country to invest heavily in the implementation of leading tools and technologies to ensure business operations.
- The 5G core market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period attributed to increasing investment by major players in the Asia Pacific region to expand their business operations and industrial consumer base in growing countries such as India, China, and Japan. This in turn is likely to increase the demand for 5G core in the commercial sector during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global 5G Core Market
- Nokia Corporation
Nokia Corporation provides fixed network solutions and mobiles worldwide. The company operates through four segments: network infrastructure, Nokia technology, cloud & network services, and network infrastructure. The company is mainly focusing on providing network planning and optimization and manages the services worldwide.
- Ericsson, Inc.
Ericsson, Inc. functions as a provider of telecommunications equipment and related services. The company offers its services and products to mobile and secured network operators, besides offering telecom services, communication networks, and multimedia solutions.
Other key players operating in the global 5G core market include Samsung, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., LG Electronics, Oracle Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., ZTE Corporation, NEC Corporation, Verizon, Orange, AT&T Mobility LLC, Druid Software, Casa Systems, Affirmed Networks, Inc., IPLOOK, and Cisco Systems, Inc.
Global 5G Core Market: Research Scope
Global 5G Core Market, by Component
Global 5G Core Market, by Solutions
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Global 5G Core Market, by Function
Global 5G Core Market, by Deployment
Global 5G Core Market, by End-user
- Telecom Operators
Global 5G Core Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.