- 4,4'-Methylenedianiline is an industrial chemical that is not known to occur naturally. It is also commonly known as diamino diphenylmethane or MDA. It occurs as a colorless to pale yellow solid and has faint odor. It is insoluble in water.
- It is primarily used to produce 4,4'-methylenedianline diisocyanate and other polymeric isocyanates. Acute (short-term) oral and dermal exposure to MDA causes liver damage in humans and animals. MDA can irritate the skin and eyes in humans.
- 4,4'-Methylenedianiline is used primarily for making polyurethane foam, which is used in various applications. It is used as insulating materials in mailing containers. It is also used for making coating materials, glues, Spandex fiber, dyes, and rubber.
- It is also used as a curing agent for epoxy resins and urethane elastomers, as a corrosion preventative for iron, and as an antioxidant for lubricating oils
Key Drivers and Restraints of 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market
- Polyurethane foam is primarily used in the bedding & furniture industry. It is widely used in pillows and mattresses, bedding applications in hospitals, carpet cushions, boat berths, vehicular seating, aircraft seating, residential & commercial furniture, and office furniture. Flexible polyurethane foams are preferred for bedding and upholstery applications owing to the high resiliency offered by them, while rigid polyurethane foams are predominantly used in simulated wood furniture. Increase in demand for polyurethane foams in various applications is expected to drive the demand for global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for coating materials in construction and maintenance of buildings and structures is expected to create significant opportunities for the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market
- Industrial applications of dyes include textiles and non-textiles such as acid-base indicators, liquid crystal, color filters for displays and sensors, ink jet, lasers, photographic, hairs, food, and biomedical. Demand for 4,4'-Methylenedianiline is anticipated to rise at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the increase in demand for dyes in the textile industry.
4,4'-Methylenedianiline: Purity Segment
- In terms of purity, the global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market can be divided into ≥ 97.00, ≥ 98.00, and ≥ 99.5
- The ≥ 97.00 purity is used in cleaning products, cosmetics, food & beverages, and personal care industries. It is also used as a hardener in the production of epoxy resins and elastomers. It is expected to account for significant share of the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market during the forecast period due to increase in demand for ≥ 97.00 purity type in the cleaning products industry.
- The purity type ≥ 98.00 is used in the determination of tungsten and sulfates, in the preparation of azo dyes, cross-linking agent for epoxy resins, in the rubber industry as a curative for neoprene, as an anti-frosting agent (antioxidant) in footwear, and curing agent for epoxy resins and urethane elastomers. High demand for dyes in the textile industry is driving the global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market.
4,4'-Methylenedianiline: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market can be segmented into polyurethane foams, coating materials, rubber, dyes, and others
- The polyurethane foams segment is projected to gain higher share of the global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market during the forecast period. Large amount of polyurethane foams is used in the bedding & furniture industry. This is projected to boost the global market for 4,4'-Methylenedianiline in the next few years.
- The coating materials segment is projected to hold a key share of the global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market in the near future, owing to the growth of the building & construction industry. Construction and maintenance of buildings and structures requires a large number of coating materials. Architectural and decorative coatings are the largest market of coating materials.
COVID-19 Impact on 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market
- In terms of region, the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the high production and consumption of 4,4'-Methylenedianiline, especially in the China, India, Japan, Australia. However, the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in demand for of 4,4'-Methylenedianiline in emerging countries such as Germany and the U.K. in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market
The 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the 4,4'-Methylenedianiline market include:
- BASF SE
- Huntsman International LLC
- BOC Sciences
- Kumho Mitsui Chemicals
- Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd.
- Bayer AG
- Merck KGaA
- LEAP CHEM Co. Ltd.
4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market: Research Scope
4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market, by Purity
- ≥ 97.00
- ≥ 98.00
- ≥ 99.5
4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market, by Application
- Polyurethane Foams
- Coating Materials
Global 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.