3D Touch Probes: Introduction
- 3D touch probes record non-planar surfaces electronically in order to precisely sense three-dimensional bodies and reproduce the object. 3D touch probes are employed to scan an object in three dimensions: height, length, and breadth.
- Additionally, 3D touch probes are used in CNC machining applications such as cutting, punching, and forming to measure and verify the process of the work piece accurately
- 3D touch probes are used in various applications owing to their compact size, high accuracy, and ability to measure complex 3D-part geometries on all sizes of machining centers
- 3D touch probes are employed in several end-use industries including automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, medical devices, and oil & gas
Rise in Demand for 3D Touch Probes for Use in Automotive Industry
- 3D touch probes are largely used for manufacture of automotive components and engine designs, which is considered a major factor driving the global 3D touch probe market
- Optical transmission touch probes are largely used in the manufacture of automotive components, as they perform operations efficiently, which is helpful to reduce the production time and the percentage of component rejection by maintaining accuracy. Moreover, rise in the demand for electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for new automotive components and improved engine designs in the near future.
- Furthermore, several manufacturers are engaged in producing 3D touch probes that are more resistant to radio wave interference compared to the conventional infrared-ray communication and are not affected by obstacles and coolants. As a result of this, the demand for 3D touch probes for use in automotive applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global 3D touch probe market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe to Lead Global 3D Touch Probe Market
- In terms of region, the global 3D touch probe market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global 3D touch probe market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of 3D touch probes operate in the region
- The 3D touch probe market in North America and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Touch Probe Market
The global 3D touch probe market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for 3D touch probes. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global 3D touch probe market are:
- Blum-Novotest GmbH
- Carbide 3D
- DR. Johannes Heidenhain
- Hexagon AB
- Marposs S.p.A.
- METROL Co., Ltd.
- P-Tech Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Renishaw plc.
- Tormach Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on 3D Touch Probe Market, Request for a Sample
Global 3D Touch Probe Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Touch Probe Market, by Transmission
Global 3D Touch Probe Market, by Offering
- Measuring Units
- Battery Compartments
- Signal Cables
- Optical Machine Probes
Global 3D Touch Probe Market, by Application
- CNC Machining
- CNC Turning
Global 3D Touch Probe Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electronic Manufacturing
- Medical Devices
- Oil & Gas
Global 3D Touch Probe Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.