3D Printing Software Market: Introduction
- 3D printing utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) to generate three-dimensional devices through a layering method. It denotes additive manufacturing, such as 3D printing, that includes layering materials, such as composites, plastics, or bio-materials to create objects that vary in size, shape, rigidity, and color.
- The 3D printing software is of two categories: one prepares the designed file for printing (plating and slicing software), the other is design software for generating the 3D object that you command to print.
- 3D printing software uses a precise and mathematical model known as NURB, it enables the user to manipulate points, surfaces, meshes, curves, and solids in all sorts of ways
- 3D printing software creates subdivision modelling tools with considerable flexibility, and it enables the user to create precision meshes and freeform organic models using the software. The software also has the 3D modelling tools that lets the user create complex 3D designs.
3D Printing Software Market: Dynamics
3D Printing Software Market: Key Drivers
- The 3D printing software creates high-performing product designs and production systems layouts, and it helps to extend product capabilities and prevent product failures
- The 3D printing software generates high-quality design by setting up manufacturing and material constraints easily. The software helps the designer to control geometry constrained 2D objects for the base to create 3D models easily.
- 3D printing software helps the user to monitor all the 3D printing jobs from a single user interface, and it helps to leverage adjustment tools to scale the 3D model rapidly
- 3D printing software provides cloud storage to save designs and 3D Models, and it delivers an in-built and easy-to-use user interface to complete a wide range of tasks
- A rise in rate of adoption and increasing demand for 3D printing software across various sectors is projected to boost the 3D printing software market
Impact of COVID-19 on the 3D Printing Software Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe are causing an economic slowdown, during this pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all supply chains in the ecosystem, and it has also restricted several businesses across various industry verticals such as jewelry, consumer electronics, automotive, etc. Hence, COVID-19 has a negative impact on the 3D printing software market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the 3D Printing Software Market
- In terms of region, the global 3D printing software market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global 3D printing software market with a prominent share primarily because of developed economies, such as the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, increasing investment for 3D printing startups and new technology innovation and government support are main factors driving the 3D printing software market in North America.
- The global 3D printing software market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the estimated period. Developing countries in the region such as India, China, and Japan are mostly focused on the adoption of new technologies are investment in the 3D printing software market.
Key Players Operating in the Global 3D Printing Software Market
- Trimble, Inc.
Trimble, Inc. provides technology solutions that enable field mobile workers and professionals to transform or enhance the work process worldwide. The company operates through four segments: geospatial, utilities, resources, and building infrastructure. The company offers various software such as building information modeling software, 3D conceptual design, and modeling software. The company was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, U.S.
- Foundry Visionmongers Limited
Foundry Visionmongers, Ltd. was incorporated in 1996 and is headquartered in London U.K. The company is the developer of visual effects (VFX) and computer graphic software. The company portfolio enables users to create visuals across a range of mediums comprising TV games, film, CAD design, and architecture animations for the design, visualization, and entertainment industries.
Other key players operating in the global 3D printing software market include FREECADS, Autodesks, Inc., Ultimaker BV, PTC, Relativity Space, Inc., nTopology, Inc., Proto Labs, Ltd., Desktop Metal, Xometry, and Gowforge, Inc.
3D Printing Software Market: Research Scope
3D Printing Software Market, by Offerings
- Other Material
- Designing Software
- Data Preparation Software
- Simulation Software
- Machine Control Software
3D Printing Software Market, by Technology
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Polyjet / Multijet Printing (MJP)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
3D Printing Software Market, by Process
- VAT Photopolymerization
- Material Extrusion
- Binder Jetting
- Material Jetting
- Powder Bed Fusion
- Other Process
3D Printing Software Market, by Application
- Functional Part Manufacturing
3D Printing Software Market, by End-users
- Consumer Products
- Food & Culinary
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture & Construction
3D Printing Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.