3D Printing Plastic Market: Introduction
- Plastic is a material that is made of synthetic or semi-synthetic compounds. These compounds have the property of being malleable, i.e. they are capable of changing their shape. Most plastics are synthetic and are commonly derived from petrochemicals.
- The global 3D printing plastic market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Growth in consumption of these plastics in manufacturing and production units is driving the global 3D printing plastic market. Increase in technological advancements is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Restraints of 3D Printing Plastic Market
- Rise in demand for 3D printing plastic among manufacturing and production companies is anticipated to propel the global 3D printing plastic market. High rise in demand for 3D printing plastic in sectors such as electrical & electronics, aerospace & defense, and health care is estimated to augment the global 3D printing plastic market. Rise in usage of these plastics in medical devices, orthopedic and orthodontics surgical implants such as knee implants, shoulder implants, hip implants, and dental implants of various types is likely to drive the global 3D printing plastic market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for laser technology in various sectors and increased support from commercial sectors are expected to fuel the demand for 3D printing plastic.
- Various governments are banning the usage of plastic. This is likely to hamper the market. Nonetheless, wide commercial and general usage of 3D printing plastic is projected to boost the global market in the near future.
3D Printing Plastic Market: Segments
- The 3D printing plastic market can be segmented based on type, form, application, end-use industry, and region
- Based on type, the global 3D printing plastic market can be segmented into photopolymer, ABS, polyamide, and PLA
- Based on form, the global 3D printing plastic market can be divided into filament, liquid/ink, and powder
- Based on application, the global 3D printing plastic market can be segregated into prototyping and manufacturing
- Based on end-use industry, the global 3D printing plastic market can be classified into aerospace & defense, health care, automotive, and electrical & electronics
COVID-19 Impact on 3D Printing Plastic Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, which is leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
Asia Pacific to Dominate 3D Printing Plastic Market
- In terms of geography, the global the global 3D printing plastic market can be split into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global 3D printing plastic market due to the rise in demand for these plastics in automotive, electrical & electronics, and health care sectors in the region
- North America is yet another potentially lucrative region of the global market, fueled by several government initiatives to support research in 3D printing plastic
- The 3D printing plastic market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global 3D Printing Plastic Market
- Key players operating in the global 3D printing plastic market are likely to adopt new strategies to penetrate the global 3D printing plastic market
- They are investing in research and development and technological advancement to introduce innovative products in the market. These companies are likely to enter agreement, mergers, collaboration, and acquisition to sustain themselves in the highly competitive market.
- Stakeholders of the global 3D printing plastics also include raw material providers who provide their products to several end-users across various industries. They are also involved in printing plastic grades that may suit a particular technology.
Key manufacturers operating in the global 3D printing plastic market include:
- 3D Systems Corporation
- Stratasys, Ltd
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- HP Inc.
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Royal DSM N.V.
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
- Clariant International Ltd.
- CRP Group
- Envisiontec GmbH
- Materialise NV
- Oxford Performance Materials Inc.
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market, by Type
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market, by Form
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market, by Application
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market, by End-use Industry
- Health Care
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
Global 3D Printing Plastic Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.