Global 3D Printing Gases Market: Overview
3D printing or additive manufacturing practices are required to be undertaken in controlled environments with minimal exposure of materials and processes to impurities to produce high quality products. Gases such as nitrogen and argon are commonly used to provide the inert atmospheres required to meet the high-tolerance standards of this field.
3D printing gases are used for various purposes, apart from improving the quality of 3D-printed parts. These include reducing oxidation of forged parts by lowering the oxidation content in the print chamber; maintaining constant pressure to create a stable printing environment; inhibiting combustible dust during sieving and powder handling to improve safety; lessening the clumping of powder in feed tube, and controlling thermal stress through gradual cooling for preventing part deformities.
The global 3D printing market has seen exponential growth in the past few years. The technology has started making inroads into the mainstream manufacturing and consumer products market. The market is likely to witness rapid growth in the near future, consequently driving the global 3D printing gases market.
The report on 3D printing gases provides an account of the major elements of the market, its current state, product and technological advancements, and impact of major drivers, challenges and trends. It also provides a forward-looking perspective about the market’s growth prospects from 2016 through 2024.
Global 3D Printing Gases Market: Trends and Opportunities
Rising use of 3D printing techniques across the manufacturing, consumer goods, health care devices, automobiles, aerospace and defense, and energy industries is the major factor driving the global 3D printing gases market. Application of 3D printing technologies in the manufacture of complex production parts for the oil and gas industry is likely to boost to the growth of the global 3D printing gases market.
Based on mode of distribution, the market can be segmented into cylinders and cylinder packs, liquid cryogenic tanks, pipeline supply, and on-site gas generation. The cylinders and cylinder packs segment dominated the 3D printing gases market.
Global 3D Printing Gases Market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography, the 3D printing gases market has been examined for North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is the leading market for 3D printing gases. Presence of some of the world’s largest and most prominent industrial gas companies and the immense research and development activities being undertaken in the field of 3D printing in the region are the major factors boosting the growth of the 3D printing gases market in North America.
Emerging markets in Asia Pacific such as India and China also offer immense growth opportunities in the global 3D printing gases market. Rising focus on implementing 3D printing techniques across the manufacturing sector boosts the 3D printing gases market in the region. The 3D printing gases market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest pace during the forecast period. The end-user industries such as health care, design & manufacturing, and oil & gas are likely to account for a significant share of the 3D printing gases market in terms of volume in this region.
Global 3D printing Gases Market: Competitive Scenario
The global 3D printing gases market features presence of several international players and intense competition. Companies in the market are adopting strategies such as acquisitions, expansions, joint ventures, and research and development to cater to the specific needs of the 3D printing industry.
Major players operating in the market are BASF SE, Air Liquide S.A., Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., The Linde Group, Praxair, Inc., Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc., Iceblick Ltd., Universal Cryo Gas, LLC, and Messer Group.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.