Continuous Research and Development of Batteries in Mobile Electronics to boost 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Energy shortage is a major point of concern across the world. The best electrode materials are continuously being discovered along with making efforts towards development of advanced energy materials such as electrolytes, cell structures.
- In mobile electronics, continuous research and development is being carried out by manufacturers and researchers of semiconductor industries with the objectives of improving electrochemical performance of batteries, reducing their manufacturing costs, and expanding their application.
- High-tech advancements in 3D printing are changing the world and the technology is advancing rapidly, quickly becoming the basis of the next-generation 3D-printed energy architectures, wherein batteries and supercapacitors can be printed in virtually any shape.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Increasing demand for smaller yet more powerful batteries in mobile electronics is expected to boost the global 3D-printed batteries market in the next few years. To date, mobile device manufacturers have to choose from the commercially available battery shapes and sizes.
- Most batteries available earlier were in a cylindrical or rectangular shape. However, manufacturers are currently designing batteries according to their requirements to manufacture compact electronic devices, as researchers have developed a new method to 3D print lithium-ion batteries in virtually any shape.
- A majority of mobile devices, such as mobile electronics, smartphones, and other wearable devices, require long battery life. Almost every such device consists of electronic equipment with sensors, such as accelerometers and gyroscopes, to mention a few. Furthermore, using the wireless connection technology for mobile devices consumes a lot of battery.
- In order to overcome this issue, mobile devices are being incorporated with new 3D-printed batteries. The global 3D-printed batteries market is driven by the rising demand for compact batteries that can be fitted in electronic devices.
- Polymers used for 3D printing, such as polylactic acid (PLA), are not ionic conductors, which creates a major hurdle for battery printing. This factor may act as a restraint for the global 3D-printed batteries market.
Incorporation of Graphene Material and Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes in 3D-printed Batteries to Drive Global 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Conductivity and life of batteries can be increased by incorporating graphene or multi-walled carbon nanotubes into the anode or cathode, respectively. Manufacturers also have some other options for increasing the battery capacity, such as replacing PLA-based materials with 3D-printable pastes.
- Graphene is a strong material and it has several features that make it useful in the fields of electronics, power, nanotechnology, mechanics, and safety
- Researchers have used graphene to produce long-lasting batteries capable of providing power for 25% longer time as compared to normal lithium-ion batteries. Graphene-based batteries is likely to be a turnkey technology if compatibility can be achieved for flexible electronic products.
- Graphene batteries can be produced by using a 3D printer and a mixture of plastics and graphene in a nanoplatelet form, which looks like a black powder. This mixture comes in the form of filaments which need to be heated before being formed into any shape or size.
- Graphene based technology would be useful in conditions wherein various sorts of batteries are required, but space is tight. Hence, the introduction of graphene-based 3D-printed batteries is expected to drive the global 3D-printed batteries market during the forecast period, due to their flexible design and increased life.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of 3D-printed Batteries Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to Lead Global Market for 3D-printed Batteries
- In terms of region, the global 3D-printed batteries market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to witness the maximum demand for 3D-printed batteries from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers of 3D-printed batteries have been investing heavily in the U.S., especially in the consumer electronics sector in the country.
- Leading manufacturers of 3D-printed batteries have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. Electronic device manufacturers have become increasingly international in their activities since the onset of globalization.
- Asia Pacific is the most rapidly expanding region of the global market for 3D-printed batteries, due to presence of several semiconductor manufacturers in China, India, and Vietnam.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global 3D-printed batteries market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Stratasys Ltd
- Materialise NV
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market, by Application
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.