Continuous Research and Development of Batteries in Mobile Electronics to boost 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Energy shortage is a major point of concern across the world. The best electrode materials are continuously being discovered along with making efforts towards development of advanced energy materials such as electrolytes, cell structures.
- In mobile electronics, continuous research and development is being carried out by manufacturers and researchers of semiconductor industries with the objectives of improving electrochemical performance of batteries, reducing their manufacturing costs, and expanding their application.
- High-tech advancements in 3D printing are changing the world and the technology is advancing rapidly, quickly becoming the basis of the next-generation 3D-printed energy architectures, wherein batteries and supercapacitors can be printed in virtually any shape.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Increasing demand for smaller yet more powerful batteries in mobile electronics is expected to boost the global 3D-printed batteries market in the next few years. To date, mobile device manufacturers have to choose from the commercially available battery shapes and sizes.
- Most batteries available earlier were in a cylindrical or rectangular shape. However, manufacturers are currently designing batteries according to their requirements to manufacture compact electronic devices, as researchers have developed a new method to 3D print lithium-ion batteries in virtually any shape.
- A majority of mobile devices, such as mobile electronics, smartphones, and other wearable devices, require long battery life. Almost every such device consists of electronic equipment with sensors, such as accelerometers and gyroscopes, to mention a few. Furthermore, using the wireless connection technology for mobile devices consumes a lot of battery.
- In order to overcome this issue, mobile devices are being incorporated with new 3D-printed batteries. The global 3D-printed batteries market is driven by the rising demand for compact batteries that can be fitted in electronic devices.
- Polymers used for 3D printing, such as polylactic acid (PLA), are not ionic conductors, which creates a major hurdle for battery printing. This factor may act as a restraint for the global 3D-printed batteries market.
Incorporation of Graphene Material and Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes in 3D-printed Batteries to Drive Global 3D-printed Batteries Market
- Conductivity and life of batteries can be increased by incorporating graphene or multi-walled carbon nanotubes into the anode or cathode, respectively. Manufacturers also have some other options for increasing the battery capacity, such as replacing PLA-based materials with 3D-printable pastes.
- Graphene is a strong material and it has several features that make it useful in the fields of electronics, power, nanotechnology, mechanics, and safety
- Researchers have used graphene to produce long-lasting batteries capable of providing power for 25% longer time as compared to normal lithium-ion batteries. Graphene-based batteries is likely to be a turnkey technology if compatibility can be achieved for flexible electronic products.
- Graphene batteries can be produced by using a 3D printer and a mixture of plastics and graphene in a nanoplatelet form, which looks like a black powder. This mixture comes in the form of filaments which need to be heated before being formed into any shape or size.
- Graphene based technology would be useful in conditions wherein various sorts of batteries are required, but space is tight. Hence, the introduction of graphene-based 3D-printed batteries is expected to drive the global 3D-printed batteries market during the forecast period, due to their flexible design and increased life.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of 3D-printed Batteries Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to Lead Global Market for 3D-printed Batteries
- In terms of region, the global 3D-printed batteries market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to witness the maximum demand for 3D-printed batteries from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers of 3D-printed batteries have been investing heavily in the U.S., especially in the consumer electronics sector in the country.
- Leading manufacturers of 3D-printed batteries have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. Electronic device manufacturers have become increasingly international in their activities since the onset of globalization.
- Asia Pacific is the most rapidly expanding region of the global market for 3D-printed batteries, due to presence of several semiconductor manufacturers in China, India, and Vietnam.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global 3D-printed batteries market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Stratasys Ltd
- Materialise NV
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market, by Application
Global 3D-printed Batteries Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.