3D Printed Automotive Components Market Introduction
OEMs have begun adopting new technologies to manufacture components and parts of vehicles, and the latest technique is known as additive manufacturing (AM) or 3D printing. This process of manufacturing utilizes the 3D printer to develop the design constructed file or CAD file into a fully functional object. This manufacturing technique enables the manufacture of diverse products of varying complexity, shape, size, and material. In the process of manufacturing, the computer operated machine or printer forms a three dimensional object.
The printer uses a combination of different materials such as powdered grains fused with different liquid molecules and projected the material layer by layer to form the desired structure. 3D printed components are highly durable, strong, and can resist higher temperatures. These benefits have prompted automobile manufacturers to shift from conventional manufacturing process to 3D printed manufacturing process.
3D Printed Automotive Components Market - Competitive Landscape
Automakers such as BMW have widely accepted the 3D printed automotive component. In 2018, the company announced plans to produce more than 200,000 components using 3D printing. The window guide rail for BMW i8 Roadster was developed by 3D printing and the company took only five days to develop it. In 2018, BMW Group built a new additive manufacturing campus to increase the production of 3D printed automotive components.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has production facilities in over 140 countries globally. The company, with headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands, has manufactured more than 2 million parts since 2013. The company’s business vertical include 3D printing, CNC machining, and injection molding.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure
3D Printed Automotive Components Market Dynamics
Rising adoption of advanced technologies
The global 3D printed automotive components market is expected to expand owing to a rise in adoption of advanced technologies for manufacturing components in the automobile industry. Increased demand for light weight, durable, safe, highly tensile, high temperature-resistant, and less expensive components is anticipated to boost the demand for 3D printed automotive components, as these products can be seamlessly integrated in all types of automobiles.
Rise in sales of premium & luxury vehicles and growing stringency in emission norms to drive the 3D printed automotive component market
Increasing demand and sales of premium and new vehicles, stringent government norms and regulations regarding emission, higher fuel efficiency, and low emission, emerging economies, and technological enhancements are key factors that are projected to boost the global 3D printed automotive components market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
3D Printed Automotive Components Market Segmentation
Based on material type, the 3D printed automotive components market can be segmented into
Based on process type, the 3D printed automotive components market can be classified into
Based on application, the 3D printed automotive components market can be divided into
- Interior Accessories
- Under the hood components
- Air ducts
- Full scale panel
- Cast metal bracket & handle
Based on sales channel, the 3D printed automotive components market can be bifurcated into
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.