3D Polyamide Market: Introduction
- Polyamide is an exceptionally strong, versatile, and flexible material. Polyamide can resist a small degree of impact and a certain amount of pressure during bending. Depending on its design or structure, polyamide can be rigid or flexible. In addition, it is available in different colors and finishing options for use in polishing, color dyeing, waterproofing, and flocking.
- Polyamide is a macromolecule that occurs artificially as well as naturally. Naturally occurring polyamides are forms of proteins including silk and wool. In addition, artificially, polyamides can be made by using processes such as step-growth polymerization or solid-phase synthesis yielding materials such as aramids and nylons.
- Polyamide is primarily used for complex models, small series of components, prototypes, functional models, and end-products. Its applications include casings, architectural models, art, twisty puzzles, fashion pieces, jewelry, and gadgets.
- In the global 3D polyamide market, the laser sintering technology is largely used to develop end-products from 3D polyamide.
To clarify your doubts about the report on 3D Polyamide Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global 3D Polyamide Market
- Increasing adoption of 3D polyamide products in aerospace & defense and health care sectors in order to manufacture customized products is a major factor boosting the demand for 3D polyamide. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global 3D polyamide market during the forecast period. The 3D printing technology is used for the manufacture of customized products such as aerodynamic parts and prosthetics and various other compositions.
- Demand for 3D polyamide is rising among automotive manufacturers, owing to rising demand for personalization and customization of 3D printed parts in the automotive industry and high demand for fuel-efficient products in the automotive industry. This is another factor estimated to drive the global 3D polyamide market during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for 3D polyamide for use in various applications, such as electronics and industrial products, is an additional factor expected to propel the global 3D polyamide market in the near future. Demand for 3D polyamide for use in the production of consumer goods is also estimated to rise significantly during the forecast period.
Significant Growth of Global Electronics Industry
- Based on type, the global 3D polyamide market can be segmented into polyamide 11 and polyamide 12. The polyamide 12 segment is projected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for polyamide 12 for use in the manufacture of specialized parts and the wide base of suppliers. Polyamide 12 is a small-particle powder, specifically manufactured to produce excellent results in prototyping as well as for small-series production by using laser sintering machines. Polyamide 12 is the most commonly used powder for quick prototyping that uses laser sintering. In addition, its well-proportioned properties guarantee 3D-printed design and its prototypes satisfy high-quality standards. Polyamide 11 is a bio-based and eco-friendly polyamide. It also offers better performance than traditional thermoplastics.
- Based on end-user, the global 3D polyamide market can be divided into health care, aerospace & defense, automotive, electronics, and others (including consumer goods and industrial). The automotive segment is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to rapid growth of the automotive manufacturing sector in developing as well as developed countries.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for 3D Polyamide
- In terms of region, the global 3D polyamide market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a leading share of the global 3D polyamide market during the forecast period. Demand for 3D polyamide from the rapidly growing electronics industry in the region, particularly in countries such as Taiwan and China, is projected to rise during the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for healthcare products in Asia Pacific is rising, owing to high demand for advanced health care products and increase in awareness regarding various health issues among people in the region. Additionally, unique applications and features of 3D polyamides are expected to offer significant opportunity to producers in countries in Asia Pacific in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of 3D Polyamide Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- The global 3D polyamide market was highly fragmented in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. Major market participants are also engaged in substantial R&D activities in order to expand their product offerings.
Key manufacturers operating in global market include:
- BASF SE
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Stratasys, Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Arkema S.A.
- EOS GmbH
- CRP TECHNOLOGY S.r.l.
- Ultimaker BV
- Royal DSM
Global 3D Polyamide Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by Type
- Polyamide 11
- Polyamide 12
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by End-user
- Health Care
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (Consumer Goods, Industrial, etc.)
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.