3D Polyamide: Introduction
- Polyamide is an exceptionally strong, versatile, and flexible material. Polyamide can resist a small degree of impact and a certain amount of pressure during bending. Depending on its design or structure, polyamide can be rigid or flexible. Additionally, it is available in different colors and finishing options for usage in polishing, color dyeing, waterproofing, and flocking.
- Polyamide is a macromolecule that occurs artificially as well as naturally. Naturally occurring polyamides are forms of proteins including silk and wool. Artificially, polyamides can be made by using processes such as step-growth polymerization or solid-phase synthesis yielding materials such as aramids and nylons.
- Polyamide is primarily used for complex models, small series of components, prototypes, functional models, and end-products. Its applications include casings, architectural models, art, twisty puzzles, fashion pieces, jewelry, and gadgets.
- The laser sintering technology is largely used to develop end-products from 3D polyamide
Key Drivers and Restraints of 3D Polyamide
- Product development is a vital process in the manufacturing industry. Prototype made from 3D printing of polyamide cuts down the extra cost in product development process and also provides idea about feasibility of the product. Prototypes are generally made for the purpose of inspection of a desired product. In comparison with injection molding (traditional method of making prototype), 3D printing of polyamide takes less time, provides higher accuracy, and is less costly. Furthermore, prototypes of intricate shapes can be made easily with the help of 3D printing of polyamides.
- Aerospace parts need to be designed carefully in the aerospace industry. Failure in a single part can lead to failure of the whole system. In this case, 3D polyamides (prototypes made from polyamide through the 3D printing process) offer hassle-free inspection of aerospace parts and help designers determine any obstacle in early stages of development of parts.
- Thus, rise in need of rapid prototyping for inspection purposes and growth in usage of polyamide in prototype development are expected to boost the demand for 3D polyamide in the near future
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Manufacturing Industry
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, has come to a halt because of lockdowns. Polyamide (nylon plastics) is primarily used in the making of prototypes of desired products by using the 3D printing technology. These prototypes help product developers inspect and determine the feasibility of products in early stages. Decrease in consumption of polyamide due to the COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the global 3D polyamide market.
3D Polyamide Market Segmentation
- The global 3D polyamide market can be segmented based on type and end-user
- In terms of type, the global 3D polyamide market can be divided into polyamide 11 and polyamide 12. Polyamide 11 comes from castor oils, while polyamide 12 is derived from butadiene.
- In terms of end-user, the global 3D polyamide market can be segregated into health care, aerospace & defense, automotive, electronics, and others. The automotive segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rapid growth of the automotive manufacturing sector in developing as well as developed countries.
3D Polyamide Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global 3D polyamide market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for leading share of the global 3D polyamide market during the forecast period. Demand for 3D polyamide in the rapidly growing electronics industry in the region, particularly in countries such as Taiwan and China, is projected to rise during the forecast period. Demand for health care products in Asia Pacific has been rising significantly since the last few years, owing to high demand for advanced health care products and increase in awareness about the various health issues among people in the region. Additionally, unique applications and features of 3D polyamides are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to producers in countries in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Global 3D Polyamide Market: Research Scope
- BASF SE
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Stratasys, Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Arkema S.A.
- EOS GmbH
- CRP TECHNOLOGY S.r.l.
- Ultimaker BV
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by Type
- Polyamide 11
- Polyamide 12
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by End-user
- Health Care
- Aerospace & Defense
Global 3D Polyamide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.