3D Modeling Market
With the use of specialized software, 3D modeling creates a 3D design of the intended object. Non-uniform rational basis spline (NURBS) modeling, primitive modeling, patches, splines, and polygonal modeling are all examples of 3D modeling techniques. Healthcare, transportation, construction, entertainment, and automobiles are just a few of the businesses that make use of 3D modeling. The approach is being used in the automation sector to design vehicles such as trucks and cars. It is also utilized in the healthcare sector to examine the human body because it allows for a better perspective of the various body systems. Increasing use in the healthcare sector is anticipated to support expansion of the global 3D modeling market in the years to come.
In the construction sector, 3D modeling is utilized to provide a three-dimensional (3D) picture of any construction or building site. These techniques are applied in the entertainment industry as well to build animated models of games or movies, as well as to provide a virtual cinema experience. Burgeoning business in the entertainment sector is estimated to work in favor of the global 3D modeling market in the years to come. The 3D modeling system market is projected to be driven by technical advancements in 3D equipment like sensors and scanners. To strengthen their market position and offer improved solutions in the 3D modeling and designing business, software firms are working with other technically sophisticated businesses. Solution providers of 3D modeling systems are likely to benefit significantly in terms of expansion of customer base and revenue.
3D Modeling System Market - Introduction
- 3D modeling system comprises computer graphics techniques to produce 3D digital representation of surfaces and objects.
- 3D modeling is primarily used for product designing, collaboration, and manufacturing & simulation process in industries or to reduce the operation cost in product designing.
- Parasolid designers are using 3D modeling systems in different applications such as direct modeling, free form surface or sheet modeling, and in the facet modeling process.
- 3D modeling systems are designing and modeling software used for 3D designing of piping systems, refinery plants, and grid systems etc. Majorly, the 3D modeling system in oil and gas companies are used to minimize errors and risks and to create a positive impact by reducing the project cost.
- Adoption of 3D modelling systems is significant in the manufacturing and automobile industry to make the 3D models of parts and accessories. Increasing the investment by the companies to provide more advanced designs for different industry product will turn it into the growth of the 3D modeling system.
Key Drivers of the 3D Modeling System Market
- Increasing technological advancement in 3D equipment such as scanners and sensors is expected to drive the 3D modeling system market
- Increasing adoption of designing and modeling software can help to enhance the go-to-market process of the products, which in turn is expected to boost the 3D modeling system market
- Software companies are collaborating with other technologically advanced companies to consolidate their position in the market and provide advanced solutions in the 3D modeling and designing industry. This is expected to offer significant revenue and customer base expansion opportunities to solution providers of 3D modeling systems.
High cost related to technologies used in 3D modeling systems and inadequate knowledge expected to hinder the growth of the 3D modeling market
- Using the 3D modeling system requires supporting advanced technologies such as sensors and scanners. High cost of supporting technologies are key factors that restrain the 3D modeling system market
- Inadequate knowledge about the 3D modeling system in the market or workforce reduces the performance of the system. This is also expected to hamper the 3D modeling system market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global 3D Modeling System Market
- 3D modeling systems are majorly adopted in manufacturing, automobile, and oil & gas sectors to increase the productivity. Production of companies and investment on new product development is slowing down due to lockdown conditions in major regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Companies are reducing investment on technologies due to low return of investment.
- Growing demand for more advanced designs in healthcare industry and automobile industry is likely to create future opportunities for 3D modeling systems in upcoming years. Furthermore, the ever-increasing threat of COVID-19 is projected to reduce the demand for 3D modeling system solutions during the lockdown period for specific product designing.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global 3D Modeling System Market
- North America held a prominent share of the global 3D modeling system market due to an increase in adoption of designing software in the construction and engineering sectors.
- Increasing number of 3D modeling system providers across North America is likely to offer significant opportunities to major players
- The 3D modeling system market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing technological investment in healthcare products and manufacturing products by major players to provide solutions during the COVID-19 period across these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Global 3D Modeling System Market
Dassault Systemes SE is a software company that develops 3D design, 3D digital mock-up, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, and simulation based solutions. The company offers DELMIA, an integral part of its 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, which enables global industrial operations to design and test the manufacturability of products in a simulated, virtual environment, and optimize the supply chain to meet objectives
Autodesk, Inc. is a global provider of design and services. The company offers professional designs, detailing, drafting, AutoCAD, and visualization software. It provides computer aided manufacturing software for inspection, computer numeric control machining, and modeling for manufacturing. The company offers Maya and 3ds Max software for 3D modeling which is used in effects, animation, composition solutions, and rendering.
Other key players operating in the global 3D modeling system market include Alphabet Inc., CyberCity 3D, Inc., Bentley Systems, Incorporated, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Maxon Computer, Mitchell International, Inc., Pix4D SA, and Softree Technical Systems Inc.
Global 3D Modeling System Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Type
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Application
- Product Designing
- Animation and Movies
- Game and Object Design
- Architectural Rendering
- Others (Simulation, Visualization)
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Utilities
- Media & Entertainment
Global 3D Modeling System Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!