3D Modeling System Market - Introduction
- 3D modeling system comprises computer graphics techniques to produce 3D digital representation of surfaces and objects.
- 3D modeling is primarily used for product designing, collaboration, and manufacturing & simulation process in industries or to reduce the operation cost in product designing.
- Parasolid designers are using 3D modeling systems in different applications such as direct modeling, free form surface or sheet modeling, and in the facet modeling process.
- 3D modeling systems are designing and modeling software used for 3D designing of piping systems, refinery plants, and grid systems etc. Majorly, the 3D modeling system in oil and gas companies are used to minimize errors and risks and to create a positive impact by reducing the project cost.
- Adoption of 3D modelling systems is significant in the manufacturing and automobile industry to make the 3D models of parts and accessories. Increasing the investment by the companies to provide more advanced designs for different industry product will turn it into the growth of the 3D modeling system.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of the 3D Modeling System Market
- Increasing technological advancement in 3D equipment such as scanners and sensors is expected to drive the 3D modeling system market
- Increasing adoption of designing and modeling software can help to enhance the go-to-market process of the products, which in turn is expected to boost the 3D modeling system market
- Software companies are collaborating with other technologically advanced companies to consolidate their position in the market and provide advanced solutions in the 3D modeling and designing industry. This is expected to offer significant revenue and customer base expansion opportunities to solution providers of 3D modeling systems.
High cost related to technologies used in 3D modeling systems and inadequate knowledge expected to hinder the growth of the 3D modeling market
- Using the 3D modeling system requires supporting advanced technologies such as sensors and scanners. High cost of supporting technologies are key factors that restrain the 3D modeling system market
- Inadequate knowledge about the 3D modeling system in the market or workforce reduces the performance of the system. This is also expected to hamper the 3D modeling system market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global 3D Modeling System Market
- 3D modeling systems are majorly adopted in manufacturing, automobile, and oil & gas sectors to increase the productivity. Production of companies and investment on new product development is slowing down due to lockdown conditions in major regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Companies are reducing investment on technologies due to low return of investment.
- Growing demand for more advanced designs in healthcare industry and automobile industry is likely to create future opportunities for 3D modeling systems in upcoming years. Furthermore, the ever-increasing threat of COVID-19 is projected to reduce the demand for 3D modeling system solutions during the lockdown period for specific product designing.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global 3D Modeling System Market
- North America held a prominent share of the global 3D modeling system market due to an increase in adoption of designing software in the construction and engineering sectors.
- Increasing number of 3D modeling system providers across North America is likely to offer significant opportunities to major players
- The 3D modeling system market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing technological investment in healthcare products and manufacturing products by major players to provide solutions during the COVID-19 period across these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Global 3D Modeling System Market
- Dassault Systemes SE
Dassault Systemes SE is a software company that develops 3D design, 3D digital mock-up, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, and simulation based solutions. The company offers DELMIA, an integral part of its 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, which enables global industrial operations to design and test the manufacturability of products in a simulated, virtual environment, and optimize the supply chain to meet objectives
- Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk, Inc. is a global provider of design and services. The company offers professional designs, detailing, drafting, AutoCAD, and visualization software. It provides computer aided manufacturing software for inspection, computer numeric control machining, and modeling for manufacturing. The company offers Maya and 3ds Max software for 3D modeling which is used in effects, animation, composition solutions, and rendering.
Other key players operating in the global 3D modeling system market include Alphabet Inc., CyberCity 3D, Inc., Bentley Systems, Incorporated, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Maxon Computer, Mitchell International, Inc., Pix4D SA, and Softree Technical Systems Inc.
Global 3D Modeling System Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Type
- 3D Mapping
- 3D Modeling
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Application
- Product Designing
- Animation and Movies
- Game and Object Design
- Architectural Rendering
- Others (Simulation, Visualization)
Global 3D Modeling System Market, by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Utilities
- Media & Entertainment
Global 3D Modeling System Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.