The CIR is a company based in Washington D.C. that assesses and reviews the safety of ingredients in cosmetics and publishes the results in peer-reviewed scientific literature. It was established in 1976 by the Personal Care Products Council with support of the Food and Drug Administration and the Consumer Federation of America. 2-Methylresorcinol is listed in Annex III of the Cosmetics Directive of the European Union. It can be used in oxidizing and non-oxidizing hair dye products at a maximum concentration of 1.8%.
Increase in awareness about personal care among consumers and rise in the use of hair coloring products are driving the demand for 2-Methylresorcinol Market. Growth in aging population across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for 2-Methylresorcinol market during the forecast period. Side effects of chemical ingredients used in hair dyes and colors is the primary restraint of the 2-Methylresorcinol market. Safety document published by Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP) for 2-Methylresorcinol indicates that it may cause respiratory irritation, serious eye irritation, and skin irritation. It is also toxic if swallowed.
Based on end-use industry, the 2-Methylresorcinol market can be segmented into personal care industry, pharmaceutical industry, and chemical industry. The personal care industry segment accounts for major share of the 2-Methylresorcinol market. 2-Methylresorcinol is also used in the synthesis of various chemicals.
In terms of geography, the 2-Methylresorcinol market can be classified in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & North Africa (MENA). Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific are significant regions of the 2-Methylresorcinol market. China is a major manufacturer and supplier of 2-Methylresorcinol Market.
Key players in operating in the 2-Methylresorcinol market are League Chemicals Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Dragon Chemical Group, Hangzhou Haichem Co Ltd, VKG Oil AS, Sigma-Aldrich/Merck KGaA, Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc, Capot Chemical Co.,Ltd., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., and Jiangsu Dingye Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.