2,6-Xylenol Market: Introduction
- 2,6-Xylenol is also known as 2,6-dimethylphenol (DMP). 2,6-dimethylphenol can be manufactured by direct methylation of phenol. This can be done with gaseous methanol and phenol at elevated temperatures in the presence of the catalyst. 2,6-Xylenol is a monomer for p-phenylene oxide engineering resins using carbon–oxygen oxidative combination. Additionally, this compound is used as a reactant in synthesis of polyphenylene ether polymers.
- 2,6-Xylenol acts as a flavoring ingredient in beverages such as coffee and whisky. It is employed extensively in the production of mexiletine. Additional applications of 2,6-Xylenol include dyes, disinfectants, antioxidants, agro chemicals, resins, flame retardant, fragrances, pharma chemicals, and solvents.
Key Drivers of 2,6-Xylenol Market
- Rise in demand for 2,6-Xylenol in the pharmaceutical chemicals industry as preservative and intermediate for pharmaceutical products is a key factor boosting the global 2,6-Xylenol market. Increase in demand for 2,6-Xylenol as an intermediate for agricultural products, germicides, and biocides is another factor anticipated to fuel the global 2,6-Xylenol market during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the agriculture industry in various developing and developed countries is projected to fuel the demand for 2,6-Xylenol. This is another factor that is likely to drive the global 2,6-Xylenol market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about2,6-Xylenol and strong industrialization in emerging economics, are other factors driving the global 2,6-Xylenol market. Furthermore, demand for 2,6-Xylenol is increasing in various end-use sectors such as pesticides and dyes.
- Increase in adoption of 2,6-Xylenol, owing to rise in government regulations and awareness among manufacturers regarding various advantages offered by this chemical, is another key factor boosting the global 2,6-Xylenol market. Growth in investment in the pharmaceutical industry by private organizations as well as governments is another major factor likely to drive the global 2,6-Xylenol market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Demand for 2,6-Xylenol-based Products in Pharmaceutical Intermediates Application
- Based on grade, the global 2,6-Xylenol market can be bifurcated into pharmaceutical and industry. In terms of revenue, the pharmaceutical segment is expected to account for major share of the market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in demand for high quality pharmaceutical chemicals product in the market.
- Based on application, the global 2,6-Xylenol market can be classified into polyphenylene ether (PPE), pesticides, pharmaceutical intermediates, dyes, and others. In terms of revenue, the pharmaceutical intermediates segment is expected to hold significant share of the global market, owing to a rise in the demand for 2,6-Xylenol in the manufacture of different types of printing and writing papers in the paper industry.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global 2,6-Xylenol Market
- In terms of region, the global 2,6-Xylenol market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to account for major share of the global 2,6-Xylenol market during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for 2,6-Xylenol in the pharmaceutical industry in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- Key players are consistently focusing on R&D of high-quality 2,6-Xylenol in order to improve product offerings and gain competitive edge in the global market
- Manufacturers are introducing 2,6-Xylenol that is primarily utilized in applications based on pharmaceutical and industrial grades
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- Qingdao Welltech Chemical
- Nanjing Datang Chemical
- Deepak Novochem Technologies Limited
- SI Group, Inc.
Global 2,6-Xylenol Market: Research Scope
Global 2,6-Xylenol Market, by Grade
Global 2,6-Xylenol Market, by Application
- Polyphenylene Ether (PPE)
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates
Global 2,6-Xylenol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.