Composite materials made up of thermoplastic resins and having wood as reinforcement materials are globally known as wood-plastic composites. If we neglect additives which are added to modify its properties (added in very small quantity) the major constituent are wood and resin. Wood based composites are produced by mixing wood particles or fibers in melted resin and then shaping it into appropriate shape by means of heat and pressure. As mentioned earlier, additive such as lubricants for easy processability, blowing agent to create foam structure, colorants, coupling agent to form good bond between wood and resin and UV stabilizers to extend service life are also added in some quantity.
On the basis of form of reinforcement they can be segmented as wood flour based and wood fiber based composites. Another major constituent is resin; widely used resins are polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE - HDPE, LDPE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polylactic acid (PLA). Its major growing application is in building products followed by automotive infrastructure, industrial and other consumer products. Products may be injection molded or extruded in continuous profiles. North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific are expected to show growing demand for wood-plastic composites, followed by RoW.
One of the major factors driving this industry is the rising demand for wood-plastic decking in house building industry because of its better appearance and customization. Another driving factor is initiatives and environmental regulations which supports use of composites rather than chopping down trees in construction. Whereas product such as natural fiber composite, may restrict the market. PVC capped stain resistance decking is one of the future trend.
American Ecoboard, Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc. Axion International, American Wood Fibers, B&F Plastics, Bedford Technologies, Artowood Co. Crane Plastics Manufacturing, Battenfeld-Cincinnati and Andersen Windows are some of the leading wood-plastic composite manufacturers.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments