The intraocular swelling and inflammation of the uvea of the eye is known as uveitis. The middle part of the eye i.e. the uvea is made of three parts, namely the iris, ciliary body and the choroid.
Based on the area of the uvea that is affected, uveitis can be classified into these following types:
- Inflammation of the iris or Iritis
- Inflammation of the ciliary body or Cyclitis
- Inflammation of the choroid or Choroiditis
Inflammation of all three parts of the uvea that involves the retina and vitreous humor or Panuveitis
It has been observed that most of the people suffering from uveitis are usually the patients of various forms of autoimmune disorders. Therefore, some of the classes of medications which are used for the treatment of uveitis are as following:
- Ophthalmic steroids with anti-infectives
- Glucocorticoid steroids
Factors such as introductions of innovative biologics, fast-track approval of pipeline drugs and rise in R&D initiatives are expected to drive the global uveitis treatment market. Moreover, introduction of new routes of drug administration that improves the efficacy of the drug is another significant driver for this market. However, high cost of medications and adverse effects related to the medication such as irritation, watery eyes and others are some of the factors that are expected to hinder the global uveitis treatment market.
In the geographical perspective, North America is the largest market for uveitis treatment owing to early approval of pipeline drugs as compared to other regions. The Asia-Pacific and European regions are also expected to be the potential markets for uveitis treatment due to rising number of patients suffering from autoimmune disorders and other eye infections.
Some of the major companies involved in the development and production of medicines used for treating uveitis are AbbVie Inc., Alimera Sciences Inc., Bausch & Lomb Inc., Eyegate Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Ophthalix Inc., Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. and Xoma Corp., amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments