Thermoplastic polyolefins (TPOs) contains some fraction of polypropylene, polyethylene, rubber and filler (fiberglass, carbon fiber, and metal oxysulfate). The properties of a thermoplastic polyolefin’s depend greatly on the size and distribution of the microstructure. Thermoplastic polyolefins come under thermoplastic elastomers which are polymers and are processed like a thermoplastic material. They can be processed by various techniques including injection molding, profile extrusion, and thermoforming. They are usually injection molded into the desired article, though there is increasing use of profile extrusion and thermoforming. They can be fabricated using standard thermoplastic equipment.
Thermoplastic polyolefins are used in a wide range of applications including those in automotive appliances, building and construction, medical consumer goods, electronics, and electrical. It is frequently used in outdoor applications (building & construction) as it is weather resistant and does not degrade due to solar radiation. They are used extensively in the construction industry, especially in making roofs due to their high strength, weather resistance, waterproofing properties, and flexibility. They are also used in the automotive industry. In fact, the automotive sector is one of the largest end-user applications of thermoplastic polyolefins and they are used in both the exterior and the interior parts of a vehicle. Thermoplastic polyolefins are more environmental friendly compared to polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and can replace PVCs in automotive interiors. They are also used as an alternative to aluminum, steel, and composites. Thermoplastic polyolefins can also be fully recycled and therefore can be used again.
North America is at present the largest market for thermoplastic polyolefins followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. China and Japan also consume a significant amount of thermoplastic polyolefins. The thermoplastic polyolefins market is increasing in developing regions such as China and India and it is possible that in the coming years the market will grow in these regions at a rapid pace compared to other regions.
Some of the major companies in this industry include Dow Chemical, INEOS Olefins & Polymers, PolyOne Distribution, LyondellBasell, GAF, and Chemtura.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments