Styrenic polymers represent a family of thermoplastic materials with a wide range of applications ranging from packaging and construction to consumer goods, automotive and electronics. Styrenic polymers use styrene as the building block which undergoes copolymerization with other polymers to form various other polymers. Common styrenic polymers include polystyrene (PS), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), expandable polystyrene, unsaturated polyester resins (UPR), styrene acrylonitrile copolymer (SAN), and styrene butadiene rubber (SBR).
The growth of the global market is primarily driven by the growth of global packaging market and the growing demand for ABS and SBR in the automotive industry where they form major auto components. However, the constant fluctuation in raw material prices and the regulatory issue owing to growing environmental concerns regarding the impact of these polymers on the environment are some of the major factors hampering the growth of this market. The rapid industrialization taking place in the emerging economies of China and India will provide immense opportunities for the players operating in the global market to capitalize on the Asia-Pacific market.
The global market for styrenic polymers is led by Asia-Pacific with the maximum market share as of 2011. Asia-Pacific is followed by North America and Europe. The demand for styrenic polymers in Asia-Pacific is driven by the growing disposable income of consumers in the region. China and India are the fastest growing nations in the world growing at a GDP which is greater than the global GDP growth rate.
Some of the market players in this industry include Dow Chemical, BASF, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, and Royal Dutch Shell.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments