Global market for smart fabrics and interactive textiles market is forecasted to reach the value of $1.8 billion by the year 2015 owing to the factors like economic growth, resurgence of consumer confidence, and product innovations. Future for this market remains bright especially for the products that incorporate new generation fibers like nanofibers and other hybrid materials.
Despite of slower adoption rates, this market is expected to rise significantly driven by the emergence of advanced products and its use in different areas with significant growth potential. Advancements in technology have helped smart fabrics to progress steadily and achieve successful commercialization in major end use industries like biomedical, consumer electronics, and others.
This market witnessed significant growth in past few years mainly because of the interactive properties of product and its unique features like electrical conductivity, ballistic resistance, and climate control. In future, growth of this industry is expected to be because of increasing demand for smart fabric materials, further driven by their capability to react to environmental stimuli. Biomedical monitoring solutions and phase change materials are expected to be the major growth sectors. Integration between electronics and fabrics is expected to drive the adoption of electro-active smart fabrics in future applications.
This industry is classified based on following application segments:
- Consumer Products
- Military & Homeland Defense/Public Safety Applications
- Vehicle Safety & Comfort
- Others (Logistics & Supply Chain Management, and Signage, among others)
This research report analyzes this market based on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report include North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World.
This report is a comprehensive study of
- Current market trends
- Growth drivers
- Factors affecting market growth
- Industry structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
Report also include analysis of recent technological developments in this market, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players. This report also provides review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants.
Some of the major players dominating this industry are E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Intelligent Clothing Ltd., Interactive Wear AG, International Fashion Machines Inc., Kimberly-Clark Health Care, Milliken & Company, Noble Biomaterials Inc., Outlast Technologies Inc, QinetiQ North America, Royal Philips Electronics N.V., Toray Industries Inc, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides clear understanding of key product segments and changing competition dynamics
- It provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- Report provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- This research report provides forward looking perspective of major factors driving and restraining market growth
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market trends
- It provides up-to-date analysis of recent technological improvements in industry and helps you stay updated