Smart textiles are fabrics that have electronic and digital components embedded in them. There is a seamless integration of textiles with electronic elements such as sensors, actuators and micro-controllers. Smart textiles can be classified into two categories viz., passive smart textiles and active smart textiles. Passive smart textiles include textiles which provide additional features irrespective of the change in environment. Active smart textiles are textiles which adapt functionality to environment automatically. Smart textiles can be used in a large variety of applications such as consumer applications, industrial applications and healthcare applications among others. They help measure temperature heart rate and blood pressure. Furthermore, smart textiles find applications in transportation, protection and military and architecture.
Rising consumer preference for sophisticated gadgets and high end features expected from wrist-wear and eye-wear products are expected to drive the smart textiles market over the next few years. However, the initial high price of these products may hamper the growth of the smart textiles market. Ongoing research and development in wireless healthcare may open new avenues for smart textiles leading to new product developments which may in turn, fuel the smart textiles market over the next few years.
North America dominated the market revenue in 2012 owing to growing consumer demand for wearable technology which includes products such as smart wrist-wear and footwear among others. In addition, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market on account of the rising awareness and increasing disposable income of consumers regarding wearable technology in emerging economies such as China and India within the forecast period. Funding by governmental organizations is expected to help the companies develop new products.
Companies manufacturing smart textiles include Adidas AG, Apple Inc, Epson Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Nike Corporation, and Zoog Technologies Inc among others. Funding by governmental organizations is expected to help the companies develop new products which may augment the smart textiles market further over the next few years.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments