Small molecule targeted cancer therapies are drugs designed to block the growth of cancerous cells. Conventional cytotoxic medications and chemotherapies usually destroys rapidly dividing cancer cells by inhibiting cell division process. However, small molecule targeted therapies destroys cancerous cells with fewer side effects and high precision. Small molecule targeted cancer therapies can be used for the treatment of various cancers such as prostate cancer, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, lymphoma, melanoma and other cancers.
Targeted cancer drugs are broadly classified as follows:
- Small Molecules
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Small Molecule Drug conjugates
Small molecules can further be classified as follows:
- Small molecule proteasome inhibitor (e.g. Bortezomib)
- Small molecule cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor (e.g. Seliciclib)
- Small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor (e.g. Imatinib)
Geographically, North America is the leading market due to the rise incancer cases. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), around 13 million new cancer cases has been diagnosed worldwide. Moreover, according to the World Cancer Report, incidence rate of cancer could further rise by 50% to 15 million new cancer cases by 2020. Furthermore, the European and Asian-Pacific regions are expected to witness increased market traction due to commercialization of target oriented economic drugs.
The major factors driving this market are rise in incidence rate of cancer, minimal adverse effects, targeted approach and high adoption rate. Additionally, more number of blockbuster drugs such as Novartis’s Glivec are losing their patents, leaving significant opportunities for manufacturers of targeted cancer drugs. However, high developmental costs, stringent regulatory policies andlow awareness are some of the restraints that could impede the growth of the market.
Some of the market players in this industry segment are Abbott Laboratories, Bayer HealthCare AG, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, CytokineticsInc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Hospira Inc. , OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals Inc., and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments