Rigid transparent plastics are nothing but thermoplastics like acrylic, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polycarbonate, polysulfones, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) styrene acrylonitrile (SAN), acrylic-styrene copolymers (SMMA), nylon and cellulosic resins. They are used in aquariums, lighting fittings, aircrafts and more. Acrylic, also known as poly methyl methacrylate (PMMA), is a transparent thermoplastic that is lightweight and shatter resistant. Some other major applications of these plastics are in construction, household appliances, toys, sight glasses, cosmetic surgeries and more. Transparent plastics are available in various forms like injection molded, blow molded, extruded and some more. These transparent plastics may be in form of films or cast sheets.
Europe and North America are the key market segments followed by Asia-Pacific. Healthy growth is anticipated in coming years for these market segments. Growing market for rigid transparent plastic can be estimated due to increase in the demand for clear grade plastics. It is already replacing glass in various applications like eyeglasses, vehicle lighting systems and more. Rigid transparent plastics are expected to replace glass in a wider range of applications in the near future because of their superiority in various parameters. In addition, technological advancement in rigid transparent plastics promises rise in its application base, leading to growth in the market demand.
Plastics are durable and do not degrade easily hence the environmental issues may hold back the market for plastics. Manufacturers are working on developing plastics that can be recycled and hence trying to reduce its impact on the environment. Various market opportunities can be anticipated for clear plastics in various applications in automotive, aerospace, electronic and medical sector in near future.
Some of the key players in the market are BASF SE, DuPont, Dow Chemical Company, Formosa Plastics, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Sartomer USA LLC, Bayer Material Sciences, Styron LLC, Ineos Nova LLC, PPG Industries Inc., EMS Chemie North America Inc, Plaskolite Inc, and Evonik/Cyro LLC among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments