Ready to eat (RTE) snacks refers to all the varieties frozen and chilled snack products that are prepared in minimal time by heating it along with water or simply frying it. RTE snacks have become popular in recent times as people have less time to prepare food at home. Companies have introduced large varieties of RTE snacks that are convenient and come for affordable prices, thus consumers are shifting from traditional home made snacks to RTE snacks.
There is a high demand for easy to prepare packaged food by both retail segment and foodservice industry. Thus, RTE snacks market is expected to grow with a significant single digit CAGR for the period of 2013-2019.
In this report we have segmented the RTE snacks market in four categories on the basis of product type such as potato specialties, corn specialties, meat specialties and others. Potato specialties include French fries, sweet potato cubes, wedges, hash browns and croquettes among others. Corn specialties include crispy baby corn, pop-corn and corn nuggets. Meat specialties consist of chicken nuggets, chicken wings, grilled meat and wraps among others. The market can also be segmented on the basis of geographies namely North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Rest of the World.
The key driving factors are innovations in RTE snack varieties, growth in quick service restaurants and growing distribution channel. Other driving factors are growing number of working women and value prices. Retail and foodservice are the largest distributors of RTE snacks products. The unique selling preposition (USP) of RTE snacks is convenience, thus it’s demand is growing worldwide specially in emerging countries.
Key players dominating this market space include McCain Foods Limited, Tyson Foods, ConAgra Foods, Inc., Blaine Larsen Farms, Inc., and Himalya International Limited.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.