Protein chip or protein array is a high throughput technique to detect protein, investigate protein function and interact and monitor their expression level. Protein array is utilized as a popular technology in basic research and biotechnology enterprises. The principle of protein array involves utilization of proteins on a surface that includes glass, membranes, microtiterwells, mass spectrometer plates and beads. Probe molecules labelled with fluorescent dye are also added to the array.A fluorescent signal is emitted by the probe while it reacts with the immobilized proteins.The fluorescent signal can be read by a laser scanner.
There are three types of protein chips available namely,large-scale functional chips, analytical capture arrays and lysate (reverse protein array). The major application areas of protein array includes diagnostics, proteomics, protein functional analysis and antibody characterization. The advantage of protein array includes rapid and automated technology, economical, gather abundant data by a single experiment.Thus, all the above mentioned factors collectivelysupports the growth of protein array in the global market.
The global protein chip market can be categorized based on the following:
- Analytical microarrays
- Functional protein microarrays
- Reverse phase protein microarray
- Protein functional analysis
- Antibody charactyerization
Technological advancements in diagnostic tests and increasing prevalence of cancer are the major factors driving the protein chip market globally. Moreover, rising awareness for personalized medicine also accentuates the global protein chip market. However, lack of healthcare coverage and technical complexities associated with protein chip technology may hinder the global market growth majorly in developing countries.
Geographically, North America and Europe dominates the global market for protein chipdue to strong demand for molecular-based diagnostics techniques and increased awareness among patient population. Asia–Pacific is considered as an emerging market in protein chip technology owing to the financial improvement of some the Asian countries such as India, China and Malaysia. Moreover, most of the drug development companies outsourced their clinical trial drug development studies in Asian countries owing to its large pool of population. Thus, the above mentioned factors accentuates the growth of protein chip market in this region.
Some of the market players operating in this industry segment include EMD Millipore, Illumina, Inc., Life Technologies Corporation, SEQUENOM, Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corporation,Affymetrix, Inc. and Agilent Technologies.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.