The advanced protective gear and armor industry can be segmented into ancillary components, thermal protective gear, armors and bullet resistant equipments, and other chemical and biological materials. Ancillary components include gloves, heads, respirators, etc. which accounts for nearly 60% of the total advanced gear and armor market. The industry is primarily driven by the fight against terrorism, and it is unlikely to halt in the next six years due to the current terrorist and geopolitical events. The demand for advanced gears and armors is increasing due to technological advancement in industrial areas, external and internal security threats, modernization, territorial disputes, and shortage of available gears and armors. The market is moving forward due to the innovations in products and materials, improved safety levels and comfort, and advanced hybrid designs.
Some of the factors restraining the growth of this industry are standards and regulations passed by military services and environmental regulatory authorities. The major challenge faced by the industry is the designing of lightweight armors for reducing the burden of soldiers. The supply chain of the industry is very complex as each component of the supply chain plays a vital role in the smooth functioning of the industry. The supply chain includes government for setting standards and regulations, manufacturers, fabricators, distributors and so on. There is a huge growth opportunity in women armor designing and manufacturing as this industry is still in its nascent stage.
Geographically, North America dominates the market for advanced gear and armor, followed by Europe and the Asia-Pacific market. The global market for advanced gear and armor is fairly consolidated so the growth of small players is declining owing to frequent mergers and acquisitions in the industry. The prominent market participants in the industry are BAE Systems, Armor Source, Ballistic Body Armour, Ceradyne, Defense Industries International, Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK), and Mine Safety Appliances Company (MSA).
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments