1, 3 propanediol (1, 3 PDO) is an isomer of propylene glycol and is extensively used for the production of polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT) and polyurethane. The method of production of PDO is an important factor for the market; it can be produced either by anaerobic fermentation of glucose or by glycerol fermentation or from ethylene oxide.
The PDO market is segmented based on its application in the production of polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT), polyurethanes, cosmetics, and personal care products. Geographically the market is segregated into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Asia-Pacific. Presently, North America has the largest market share followed by Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market in terms of volume due to the growth of the cosmetic market in the region.
The primary drivers for the market include the high demand for bio based products, the growing PTT market, and high growth rate in Asia-Pacific markets. Also, the augmented application areas and the ever growing population will enhance the growth of the PDO market.
DuPont Tate is the only large scale producer of 1, 3 PDO and this makes the market highly monopolized. This is one of the main restraints for the market. This situation creates great opportunities for the PDO market as the addition of PDO producers would make the market more competitive and would enhance its growth.
Also 1, 3 PDO is being largely used as a substitute for 1, 4 DDO in the manufacturing of polyurethane. Moreover, PDO is replacing propylene glycol in the cosmetic and health care market and with the growth in this market, the PDO market would also be impacted in a positive way.
Some of the key players in the PDO market include DuPont, Tate and Lyle Bioproducts Company, and Metabolic Explorers SA.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments