Home Press Releases Thermal Imaging Market Will Reach USD 6,098.8 Million in 2019
Thermal Imaging Market Will Reach USD 6,098.8 Million in 2019
Posted on Jul 1, 2014
According to a new market report Title “Thermal Imaging Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019”, the global thermal imaging market is forecast to reach USD 6,098.8 million by 2019. The market growth is driven by emergence of new applications and increased investment on modernization of armed forces across emerging markets.
Global thermal imaging market was valued at USD 3,192.5 million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.76% from 2013 to 2019. Rising penetration of thermal imaging devices in industrial and commercial sector is driving the growth of this market. Industrial sector is using thermal imaging devices for manufacturing process monitoring and to find hot spot in mechanical and electrical installation. Commercial sector is deploying thermal imaging devices for building diagnosis and security of airports and estates etc. In addition, reduction in the price of thermal imaging devices has increased penetration in the residential sector. However, decreasing military spending by major countries such as U.S., Canada, Italy and France are hindering the growth of thermal imaging market.
Among the various end-user segments, defense and military is the largest sector and accounted for 45.04% of market revenue share in 2012. The defense and military sector is expected to dominate the market over forecast period due to the increasing investment by various countries such as China, U.K, Russia and India for upgrade and modernization of armed forces. Thermal imaging devices are widely used in applications such as surveillance and security, maintenance and monitoring, traffic monitoring, healthcare, automobile, research and development, and others (firefighting and personal vision). Surveillance & security and maintenance & monitoring applications are emerging as promising applications for thermal imaging devices. These two segments together accounted for 44.7% of market revenue share in 2012. Demand for surveillance and security is supported by the need to enhance border and commercial security. Commercial security includes security of airports, ports, estates and warehouse.
Geographically, North America is expected to remain largest market for thermal imaging due to the growth in industrial and commercial sector in the country. North America is anticipated to dominate this market throughout the forecast period due to the increasing use of thermal imaging devices for law enforcement activities. Europe would be the next largest market followed by Asia-Pacific. Countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific are increasing their defense spending, which is expected to drive thermal imaging market in these regions.
Global thermal imaging market was dominated by few existing players in 2012. Renowned players such as FLIR Systems Inc., DRS Technologies Inc., Raytheon Company and BAE Systems Inc. led the global market, and collectively accounted for around 75% of the market in 2012. These players have well-developed resources and network to meet industry demand and to retain pace with the changing technology. In order to increase their market share, key players are reducing their product prices, which is further increasing the competition among the manufacturers.
Browse the full Thermal Imaging Market (By Applications -Surveillance and Security, Maintenance and Monitoring, Traffic Monitoring, Healthcare, Automobiles, Research and Development, and Others (Firefighting and Personal Vision); By End-users - Defense and Military, Industrial, Commercial and Residential Sector) -Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019 report at : http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/thermal-imaging-market.html
This report analyzes the global thermal imaging market in terms of revenue (USD million). The market has been segmented as follows:
Market Segmentation of Global Thermal Imaging Market:
Thermal Imaging Market, by Applications:
- Surveillance and security
- Maintenance and monitoring
- Traffic monitoring
- Research and development
- Others (firefighting and personal vision)
Thermal Imaging Market, by End-users:
- Defense and military sector
- Industrial sector
- Commercial sector
- Residential sector
Thermal Imaging Market, by Geography:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- RoW (Rest of the World)
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our highly experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Cloud Based Contact Center Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Contact centers are the facilities that manage client’s contacts through various mediums such as letter, e-mail, fax, telephone and online live chat. Contact center is defined as a synchronized system of people, strategies, technologies and processes that provides access to resources, data and expertise, through suitable channels of communication. These communication channels enable interaction among various business departments that creates value for...
- Nanosilver Inks Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Nanosilver inks are printing materials, ideal for printing electronic devices on papers or plastics. Nanosilver ink products are ideal for low viscosity printing, flexographic, a feature of gravure, and inkjet printing. These products are specifically engineered for high volume printing techniques such as gravure, offset, and flexographic and are gaining interest to satisfy the demand of high throughput...
- Magnetic Ink Recognition Devices Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) technology is has been into existence since 1950. It is predominantly used by the banks and other financial institutes for streamlining their clearance processes for cheques, bank drafts and deposit slips. The MICR technology was developed by General Electric Laboratory and Stanford Research Institute. It basically uses a magnetic ink or toner to print machine readable characters. Banks use this technology to print...