Home Press Releases Polyoxymethylene Market is Expected to Reach USD 3.39 Billion by 2019
Polyoxymethylene Market is Expected to Reach USD 3.39 Billion by 2019
Posted on Jun 30, 2014
Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) has published a new market report titled “Polyoxymethylene (POM) Market for Automotive, Electrical, Consumer and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019.” According to the report, the global polyoxymethylene market was valued at USD 2.00 billion in 2012 and is anticipated to reach USD 3.39 billion by 2019, expanding at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. In terms of volume, the global polyoxymethylene market stood at 959.1 kilo tons in 2012.
Polyoxymethylene is an engineering thermoplastic that is used in various applications in automobile, electronic and consumer goods industries. Characteristics of polyoxymethylene make it applicable for usage in various end-user applications such as manufacture of electronic appliances, electrical parts, children’s toys and disposable applicators among others.
Increasing demand for lightweight materials from the automotive industry is expected to be a key driver for the polyoxymethylene market in the near future. Additionally, rising demand for electrical products and consumer goods in BRIC nations is projected to boost demand for polyoxymethylene during the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. Use of lightweight materials in vehicles leads to low fuel consumption, thereby creating high demand for polyoxymethylene in the market. This has also resulted in reducing the CO2 emission in the atmosphere. However, competition from bio-based materials with potential to replace polyoxymethylene in a few applications is estimated to hamper growth of POM in future.
Automotive and electrical & electronic segments are the major applications of polyoxymethylene. Automotives constituted 32.4% of the global market share in 2012, followed by electrical and electronic application segment. The consumer application market in RoW is likely to experience significant growth and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2013 to 2019. It is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. The others segment that includes medical devices is also anticipated to add to the global demand for polyoxymethylene in the near future.
With major market share for polyoxymethylene, Asia Pacific is expected to be the second-fastest growing market with an estimated CAGR of 5.3%, by volume, from 2013 to 2019. RoW including Latin America, the Middle East and Africa is anticipated to experience substantial growth due to increasing demand for consumer and automotive products along with improvement in the economy. North America accounted for 19.8% of the total POM market share in 2012. The region is likely to experience sluggish growth in POM demand, as market for electrical product such as switchboards is decreasing due to decline in the construction industry of the region. Europe is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2013 to 2019. It is anticipated to experience sluggish growth compared to other fastest growing regions such as RoW due to the slow recovery of the economy after recession and high demand from Asia.
The polyoxymethylene market is highly concentrated, with the top six players accounting for more than 58% of the total global market in 2012. Key manufacturers of polyoxymethylene include BASF SE, E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company, Polyplastics, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Celanese Corporation, Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation and A. Schulman.
Browse the full Polyoxymethylene Market report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/polyoxymethylene-market.html
The report segments the global polyoxymethylene market as:
Polyoxymethylene Market - Application Segment Analysis
- Others (Medical devices, etc.)
Polyoxymethylene Market - Regional Analysis
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Coating Resins Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Coating resins are highly viscous resins which are used to build tough, polished and corrosion resistant surfaces. They provide protective features such as weather, humidity and heat resistance along with providing excellent finish to the surfaces they are applied to. They can be used on a variety of surfaces to impart protective features to them. Coating resins are applied on wooden floors, decks, concrete porches, garages and metal surfaces. Additionally,...
- Chemical Pulp Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Chemical pulp is a man-made fiber of cellulose which is acquired from plant material and is further processed predominantly in the paper industry, white pulp being used to produce printing and writing paper and brown pulp being used to produce paperboard and packing paper. Chemical pulping results in superior quality papers as the process dissolves the lignin existing in the wood and separates the cellulose fibers. The main applications for chemical pulp are...
- Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) is formed when polypropylene films are stretched and extruded in both directions, i.e., across machine direction (AMD) and machine direction (MD). This process of creating biaxial formation increased clarity and strength of the polymer. BOPP is manufactured by two methods: bubble method and tenter method. The properties of BOPP are high tensile strength, high clarity and gloss, excellent water vapor barrier, oil and...