Home Press Releases Passive Optical Components Market is Expected to Reach USD 38.19 billion in 2020
Passive Optical Components Market is Expected to Reach USD 38.19 billion in 2020
Posted on Jul 2, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research “Passive Optical Components Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020,”global passive optical network equipment market was valued at USD 10.01 billion in 2013, growing at a CAGR of 21.1% from 2014 to 2020 to account for USD 38.19 billion in 2020.
Accelerating bandwidth requirements across the Asia Pacific and Rest of the World regions coupled with the growth of Passive Optical Networks (PON) in the Asia Pacific region are propelling the passive optical components market. Furthermore, usage of passive optical components to obtain energy efficient network solutions are gaining popularity and thus driving the passive optical components market. In addition, high investments in research infrastructure and in the field of fiber optic technology globally are also bolstering the growth of passive optical components market. These factors are thus expected to reinforce the passive optical components market in the years to come.
The wavelength division multiplexers/de-multiplexers leads the components market share in the year 2013. Furthermore, patch cords and pigtails trailed the wavelength division multiplexers/de-multiplexers in the year 2013 by accounting for 12.73% of the global market share. Their market is driven by the emergence of ultra-high-capacity optical networks, wherein these components are primarily used. The optical amplifiers and optical attenuators market were analyzed to grow at a CAGR of 22.0% and 21.8%, respectively, owing to the insatiable demand for communication bandwidth of the internet and growth in fiberoptic technologies at an unprecedented pace.
The SONET and SDH application segments lead the global passive optical components applications market share in the year 2013, owing to their ability to transfer multiple digital bit streams over optical fiber using light-emitting diodes or lasers. SONET equipment is generally used in North America whereas SDH equipment is generally accepted everywhere else in the world. Thus, the SONET and SDH applications segments are expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.8% and 22.7%, respectively, and are expected to continue their dominance over the forecast period of 2014 to 2020.
The rising growth in networking technologies in the Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World regions coupled with rising fiber deployments as well as increased investments in technological advancements and research infrastructure across both the regions is propelling the passive optical components market growth. Hence, the dominance of Asia-Pacific in the passive optical components market is expected to continue over the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe.
The report provides company market share analysis of various industry participants. Key players have also been profiled on the basis of company overview, financial overview, business strategies, SWOT analysis, and recent developments in the field of passive optical components. Major market participants profiled in this report include Alliance Fiber Optic Products Inc., OPTOKON, Qualcomm Atheros, and JDSU among others.
Browse the full Optical Components Market report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/optical-components-market.html
Passive optical components market: By components
- Optical cables
- Optical power splitters
- Optical couplers
- Optical encoders
- Optical connectors
- Patch cords and pigtails
- Optical amplifiers
- Fixed and variable optical attenuators
- Optical transceivers
- Optical circulators
- Optical filters
- Wavelength Division Multiplexers/De-multiplexers
Passive optical components market: By application
- Fiber In The Loop (FITL)
- Loop feeder
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial Cable (HFC)
- Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) systems
Passive optical components market: By geography
- North America
- Rest of the World
The report also provides a cross-sectional analysis for all the above segments with respect to the above mentioned regions.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Telecom Expense Management Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Telecom expense management is a solution whereby business organizations can effectively manage their telecom networks. Such a solution encompasses people, technologies and processes that are needed to govern the network. With the help of telecom expense management, it is possible to maintain an accurate inventory of all the network elements in an organization including server, wiring panels, laptops, cell phones...
- Service Provider Edge Router Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020A router is a network device used to forward packets from one network to another. These routers are configured by entering values to the internal routing tables, based on which the router forwards the packets to the desired destination. Factors that determine the line on which the packets will be forwarded are line cost, congestion and traffic load. The service provider edge routers are configured to forwards...
- Wavelength Division Multiplexer (WDM) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) refers to a technology that multiplexes number of optical carriers on a single optical fiber. This is achieved by using different wavelengths or colors of light (typically laser) used in optical fiber communication. Wavelength division multiplexers allow performing bidirectional communication on a single strand of fiber optics and helps in increasing the overall carrier...