Home Press Releases Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market is Expected to Reach USD 8,674.7 million in 2020
Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market is Expected to Reach USD 8,674.7 million in 2020
Posted on Jul 31, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research “Concentrated Solar Power Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2020,” global concentrated solar power market was valued at USD 2,507.4 million in 2013 and is expected to reach 8,674.7 million in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 19.4% from 2014 to 2020.
Growing concerns towards declining fossil fuel reserves, rising demand of power in industrial, commercial and residential sector is expected to bolster CSP market growth. Furthermore, rising concerns over greenhouse gases emissions and increasing prices of power generation from fossil fuels are expected to enhance the overall market growth. Rising awareness in several countries to reduce carbon emissions and the urge to find an alternate solution of clean and sustainable source is likely to bolster the overall demand. Key challenges faced by the market participants include immature technology and high cost of power generation which are expected to curb market growth. However, research and development is hopeful to overcome the challenge.
Growing popularity of CSP technology in power generation is likely to bolster the overall demand over the forecast period. CSP market is segmented on the basis of technologies such as Parabolic Trough, Tower, Fresnel and Dish Sterling. In terms of volume (MW), the Parabolic trough technology segment is likely to grow at a CAGR 20.3% from 2014 to 2020.
Europe dominated global CSP market in 2013, accounting for more than 43.00% of the overall market in 2013 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 20.2% from 2014 to 2020. North America accounted for nearly 31.21% market share in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% from 2014 to 2020. Rising demand for clean energy in North America attributed to overall market growth. Asia Pacific accounted for nearly 15.08% of the market share in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.5% from 2014 to 2020. China and India are some of the countries that are expected to witness a surge in CSP demand owing to rise in regulatory interventions. Key participants in the market include Abengoa Solar, S.A., Acciona, S.A., BrightSource Energy, Inc., Ibereolica Group, NextEra Energy, LLC., SolarReserve LLC., and GDF SUEZ. The report provides an overview of these companies followed by their product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
This research analyzes and estimates the performance and market of CSP in the global scenario, providing detailed trend analysis of the market by geography and comprehensive analysis of companies that are dealing in CSP market. The report presents a thorough assessment of the strategies followed by different stakeholders by segmenting the CSP market as below:
Browse the full Concentrated Solar Power Market for product segment (Parabolic Trough, Tower, Fresnel and Dish Sterling) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2020 report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/concentrated-solar-power-market.html
- Concentrated Solar Power Market: Product Segment Analysis
- Parabolic Trough
- Dish Sterling
- Concentrated Solar Power Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Solid State Batteries Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Advancement in technology and materials has substantially increased the performance and reliability of battery systems. The liquid electrolytes used in conventional lithium-ion batteries are replaced by lithium metal electrodes in solid state batteries. As a result the solid state batteries are more efficient and can store more energy than conventional batteries. The rapidly developing consumer electronics and sensor market is the major market for solid state...
- Marine Hybrid Propulsion Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Hybrid propulsion combines 2 types of propulsions to propel a ship. All hybrid propulsion systems that exist at this moment combine a conventional propulsion system (combustion engines/turbines) with electrical propulsion, such as Azipods and Azipulls. Usually a hybrid propulsion system is just known by the electrical propulsion part. Hybrid propulsion on ships is nowadays an interesting subject due to the environmental changes. Most of the vessels are still...
- E-Waste Management Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 - 2020The global e-waste management market is anticipated to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing amount of e-waste generated every year. The e-waste generated should be recycled or disposed properly to protect the environment and human beings from the harmful effects of toxic elements present in it. According to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the amount of e-waste generated is estimated to increase between 5 to 10% annually. In 2011, the...