Home Press Releases Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market is Expected to Reach USD 8,674.7 million in 2020
Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market is Expected to Reach USD 8,674.7 million in 2020
Posted on Jul 31, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research “Concentrated Solar Power Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2020,” global concentrated solar power market was valued at USD 2,507.4 million in 2013 and is expected to reach 8,674.7 million in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 19.4% from 2014 to 2020.
Growing concerns towards declining fossil fuel reserves, rising demand of power in industrial, commercial and residential sector is expected to bolster CSP market growth. Furthermore, rising concerns over greenhouse gases emissions and increasing prices of power generation from fossil fuels are expected to enhance the overall market growth. Rising awareness in several countries to reduce carbon emissions and the urge to find an alternate solution of clean and sustainable source is likely to bolster the overall demand. Key challenges faced by the market participants include immature technology and high cost of power generation which are expected to curb market growth. However, research and development is hopeful to overcome the challenge.
Growing popularity of CSP technology in power generation is likely to bolster the overall demand over the forecast period. CSP market is segmented on the basis of technologies such as Parabolic Trough, Tower, Fresnel and Dish Sterling. In terms of volume (MW), the Parabolic trough technology segment is likely to grow at a CAGR 20.3% from 2014 to 2020.
Europe dominated global CSP market in 2013, accounting for more than 43.00% of the overall market in 2013 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 20.2% from 2014 to 2020. North America accounted for nearly 31.21% market share in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% from 2014 to 2020. Rising demand for clean energy in North America attributed to overall market growth. Asia Pacific accounted for nearly 15.08% of the market share in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.5% from 2014 to 2020. China and India are some of the countries that are expected to witness a surge in CSP demand owing to rise in regulatory interventions. Key participants in the market include Abengoa Solar, S.A., Acciona, S.A., BrightSource Energy, Inc., Ibereolica Group, NextEra Energy, LLC., SolarReserve LLC., and GDF SUEZ. The report provides an overview of these companies followed by their product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
This research analyzes and estimates the performance and market of CSP in the global scenario, providing detailed trend analysis of the market by geography and comprehensive analysis of companies that are dealing in CSP market. The report presents a thorough assessment of the strategies followed by different stakeholders by segmenting the CSP market as below:
Browse the full Concentrated Solar Power Market for product segment (Parabolic Trough, Tower, Fresnel and Dish Sterling) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2020 report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/concentrated-solar-power-market.html
- Concentrated Solar Power Market: Product Segment Analysis
- Parabolic Trough
- Dish Sterling
- Concentrated Solar Power Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Drill Pipe Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Drill pipe is a hollow, thick walled pipe used for carrying out horizontal drilling to facilitate the drilling process on a wellbore. A single length drill pipe comprises a hollow tube typically long in height with considerable wall thickness and a tool joint connection at both ends. Since drill pipe is subjected to torsional stresses and fatigue at the time of drilling operations it is seamless in nature and is...
- LNG Compressor Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 - 2020The growing demand of LNG in the global energy portfolio has led to the development of many essential types of equipment in the LNG value chain. The market for natural gas is slowly expanding and the LNG trade is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate owing to increased natural gas production. LNG compressors are vital equipments used in the LNG liquefaction process. These systems are installed before refrigeration...
- Biopower Market (By Technology - Biogas and Biomass) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 – 2020Rapid growth in the renewable energy industry is anticipated to boost growth in the global biopower market. The global demand for biopower market is primarily driven by the growing demand for energy. Biopower is a niche renewable energy market; however, the market is estimated to grow rapidly in the future. Biopower is both cost-competitive and reliable source of power and further helps the U.S. and several...