The growing demand for portable electronics has led the growth of this market. Earlier, batteries were used for conventional products such as flashlights, watches, calculators etc. Now-a-days the scenario has totally changed and the introduction of portable devices has increased in the areas of communications, entertainment, computing, and photography, thus pushing the market growth.
The application areas of this market include those in lighting, entertainment, medical, science, toys, cameras, computers, navigation, and communication. Battery powered products are heavily used in communication sectors and in the computers industry. The communication sector is the largest market shareholder in the battery powered products segment followed by the computers industry.
This market can be segmented on the basis of rechargeable batteries and non-rechargeable batteries. Rechargeable batteries includes nickel-cadmium (NiCad), Nickel-metal hydride, lithium batteries (including lithium-ion and lithium-polymer), and specialty rechargeable batteries (alkaline, silver-zinc and silver-cadmium). Non-rechargeable batteries include zinc-carbon primary batteries, non-rechargeable manganese zinc alkaline, non-rechargeable lithium, and specialty non-rechargeable batteries (silver oxide, zinc-air and magnesium).
Some of the major growth drivers for this market are consumer inclination towards convenience and high growth in the communication sector. Ever changing government regulations might be a challenge for this market. Introduction of technology, which helps OEMs to make long-life batteries, will be an opportunity for this market. Battery powered products are eco-friendly and do not harm to the environment. Such products also help to reduce energy consumption and emissions.
Some of the major players in this market are Acer, Advanced Battery Systems, Inc., Adcon Electronics, Inc., Alcad, Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent, Battery Clinic, Inc., Casio, Dell, Sharp Electronics Corp., Sony Corp., Siemens Medical Systems, Seiko Holdings, and Nikon.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments