Polyethylene or polythene is the most common plastic available on the earth. Polyethylene is also the most common polymer which is used on a daily basis and is chemically synthesized from ethylene. As polyethylene can be melted into a liquid state and easily remolded, it is used in a variety of products like plastic bags, plastic films, plastic containers etc. Though it has a variety of uses, it is harmful to the environment. The demand for polyethylene depends on various factors like government and environmental issues and the trends in demand for various products made from polyethylene. The global market for polyethylene is experiencing steady growth over the past few years mainly due to the rise in global population. One of the major factors that is propelling the growth of polyethylene is that it is readily available and can be easily remolded according to requirement.
The global market for polyethylene has shown tremendous potential for growth, especially in developing countries like China, India, Brazil, and Russia. Since polyethylene is used in a variety of products, the demand is expected to grow at a rapid rate. Packaging bottles, polyethylene tubing, and polyethylene sheets are some of the major applications of polyethylene and the demand for these products is expected to remain high due to the development in the world economy and the ever-increasing population. Other major regions like North America and Europe are expected to have a constant demand and a slower growth for polyethylene for the next six years.
While polyethylene may be used in many applications, its environmental impact is a concern for regulatory bodies. Although it does not degrade easily, it can be melted down and reused for different products. Aerobic bacteria called sphingomonas is used to significantly degrade polyethylene and various methods have been adopted to create polyethylene from ethanol made from sugarcane. All these measures would help abide by the governments and environmental regulations, further enhancing the growth of the industry. Some of the major companies supplying polyethylene in the global market include Dow Polyethylene, Lone Star Chemical, Global Polymer Industries Inc., and Saudi Gazette KSA.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments