Polycarbonate resins are thermoplastics with high transmission properties. The resins possess higher tensile strength & temperature resistance than the conventional glass and are comparatively lighter in weight. Hence, polycarbonate resins are increasingly substituting glass in several applications such as roofing, medical equipment, electronics and automotives among others.
Polycarbonate resins offer numerous benefits over the traditional glass fibers and hence, have higher acceptance which has been a major factor driving market growth. Increased research & development has led to increase in the number of application scope for polycarbonate resins thus, driving the demand for these resins. Bisphenol A, a highly carcinogenic material, is produced as a residue during the manufacturing of polycarbonate resins which has been a major restraint for market growth. Increasing demand in various niche segments such as blue ray discs, medical equipment, is expected to offer huge growth opportunity for the market in the near future. Furthermore, the emergent product segment of bio based polycarbonate resins are also expected to offer huge growth opportunity for the industry.
Asia Pacific has been dominating the global polycarbonate market and the trend is expected to continue in to the forecast period. Demand for polycarbonate resins in Asia Pacific is mainly driven by the emerging economies of India and China, which constitute a major share of the demand in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for polycarbonate resins for the next six years. Increasing demand from Middle East and South American countries is expected to drive the demand in the RoW region. RoW is expected to witness substantial growth in the near future.
Some of the market players in the polycarbonate resins market include Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation, Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, SABIC IP, Lg Chem, Bayer Material Science, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co., Teijin Ltd. and Styron among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments