Plastic films and sheets are manufactured from different materials which include HDPE, BOPP, CPP, and BOPET, polystyrene, polyamide, polycarbonate, PLA, EVOH, LDPE, LLDPE and others. The major raw material used for producing these materials is polyethylene, however recently polypropylene is gaining the demand. The plastic films and sheets have applications in the packaging and non-packaging sector. In packaging sector it has applications in food packaging, pharmaceuticals and personal care products. In non-packaging sector it has application in agriculture, consumer goods, construction and medical.
The plastic films and sheets market is mainly driven by its food packaging applications. Increasing population and disposable income of the middle class are the major factors to increase the demand in food packaging. Availability and prices of the raw materials are the factors hampering the growth of this market. However, bio-based films and specialty films are the opportunities for the plastic films and sheets market. Medical and pharmaceutical packaging is expected to show higher demand in coming years across the globe.
The emerging and growing economies such as China, India, Brazil, Poland, Turkey, and Mexico are the largest consumers of the plastic films and sheets. Increase in the disposable income of consumers in these economies is expected to fuel the growth of the market in the next few years. Food packaging and healthcare packaging are the two major applications which are anticipated to drive the market in these regions. Developed economies such as North America and Europe are at matured stage. However, demand from specialty films in the construction market and pharmaceutical applications in non packaging sector is another vital parameter which is expected to be drive the market in next five years.
The plastic films and sheets market is fragmented with few multinational chemical companies dominating the market which has presence across the value chain. Small players from China and other developing economies have changed the dynamics of the market. The key players include DuPont Teijin Films, Amcor Ltd., Jindal Poly Films, AEP Industries, Berry Plastic Corporation, British Polythene Industries Plc, Toyobo Co. Ltd., Toray Industries, Inc. and amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments