A photonic integrated circuit or PIC is a device that integrates a number of photonic functions and is analogous to an electronic integrated circuit. PIC is a breakthrough technology as it uses photons as a data carrier rather than electrons. As light travels at a high speed, photonic integrated technology is extensively used for transferring huge amount of data at high speed. Hence, PIC technology based products are largely used in optical fiber communication.
The photonic integrated circuit market is growing at a phenomenal rate due to the significant improvements in power consumption, system size, reliability, and cost. The development in silicon photonic technology has helped in enabling large scale manufacturing of PIC products at low cost.
Also, most players are developing monolithically integrated InP (Indium Phosphide) based photonic integrated circuits that can integrate more than 600 components in a single chip. Thus, there is increasing competition as players are trying to produce PIC based products at low cost.
Currently, North America is the largest market for PIC based products owing to the increasing applications of optical fibers in datacenters and WAN. North America holds more than 40% share of the overall PIC market; however, Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as a market leader in the coming years growing at a CAGR of about 35% due to the prolific growth in datacenters and access network in the region. Europe ranks second in the market for PIC products. Currently, Asia-Pacific is the largest player in access network applications of optical fiber communication.
Some of the major players in the photonic integrated circuit market include Agilent Technologies, Aifotec AG, Alcatel-Lucent, Avago Technologies, Infinera Corporation, Ciena Corporation, NeoPhotonics Corporation, Emcore Corporation, Finisar Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, Intel Corporation, JDS Uniphase Corporation, Enablence Technologies, KAIAM Corporation, Luxtera, CyOptics, Oclaro, OneChip Photonics, and TE Connectivity.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments