Photonic crystals are elements that impact the motion of photons. These crystals usually have optical nanostructures. Similar to the periodicity of semiconductor crystals that impact the flow of electrons, photonic crystals impact the flow of photons. They are found naturally and aggressive research has been carried out in order to acquire the varied benefits of the properties it possesses.
The market is segmented based on applications that comprise of displays, optical fibers, LEDs, discrete and integrated optical components, image sensors, solar and PV cells, lasers and super continuum sources, and biosources. Photonic crystals have many applications, some of which in demand are utilization of photonic crystals in manufacturing of thin-film optics with applications that may require some high or low reflection coatings over lenses or mirrors. Photonic crystals of high dimensions are finding applications in applied and fundamental research while photonic crystals with two dimensions are finding applications mostly in commercial fields. The growing demand for photonic crystals amongst various industries is primarily driving the market.
Some of the major players in this field include Opalux, Corning Incorporated, Epistar, Fianium, Furukawa Electric, Luxtaltek Corporation, Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Sandia aand Lockheed Martin, L.P. (HP Labs), ICX Photonics, LG Innotek, Luminus Devices Inc., Microcontinuum and Lightwave Power, NEC Corporation, Advanced Photonic Crystals (APC), Micron Technology, Philips Lumileds Lighting Company, Photonic Lattice Inc., Panasonic, Canon Kabushiki Kaisha (Canon), TDK Corporation, Xerox Corporation, NeoPhotonics, NKT Photonics, Hewlett-Packard Development Company, OmniGuide, Obducat, Samsung LLC, Photeon Technologies GmbH, Rohm Co., Ltd, SRU Biosystems, and Agilent Technologies.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments