Photomedicine is a branch of medicine that involves the application of light and photobiology for the treatment and diagnosis of diseases and complications related with health. Photomedicine consists of exposure to lights with specific wavelengths using lasers, polychromatic polarized light, full-spectrum light, dichroic lamps, light-emitting diodes and fluorescent lamps. Photomedicine has a broad range of applications, however some of the routinely used areas of applications are as follows:
- Pain management
- Tattoo removal
- Optical diagnostics
- Wound healing
- Dental procedures
- Hair removal
- Skin resurfacing
Photomedicine also includes the cellular and molecular mechanisms of chemistry, pharmacology, pathology and physiology as they apply to photobiology.
Geographically, North America accounts for the largest market for photomedicine owing to the large base of baby boomers and increased desire to retain youth and beauty among population. Based on a report by American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), it has been estimated that in 2012 approximately 45,534 procedures for body contouring were performed on weight reducing patients in the U.S. However, other growing markets such as Germany, Italy, Japan, India, China, Brazil and Saudi Arabia are expected to witness high market growth owing to the rise in demand for novel therapies for body contouring and other medical conditions.
The primary factors contributing in the growth of this market are rise in aging population and increased awareness for beauty and well-being among people. Moreover, other factors contributing in this market are high adoption rate of minimally invasive medical aesthetic technologies and development of advance body contouring devices for better outcome. However, high development costs and product safety issues are some factors that might impede the overall growth of the photomedicine market.
Some of the companies involved in the photomedicine market are THOR Photomedicine Ltd., The Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Lumenis Ltd., Colorado Skin and Vein and Alma Lasers Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.