Phosgene is a colorless chemical compound produced by reacting chlorine and carbon monoxide. It has a suffocating odor and a small amount of phosgene is released in nature from volcanoes. It is mainly produced artificially and is extremely toxic and due to this, it was even used as a chemical weapon during wars. Phosgene is used for deriving a number of chemical compounds used in various industrial sectors. Diethylcarbamoyl chloride a derivative of phosgene and is used to hydrolyze water insoluble compounds and is extensively used in the pharmaceutical industry.
Tetra butyl urea is used in the manufacturing of solvents and to improvise the performance of polymers. Toluene diisocyanate and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate are the two most important derivatives of phosgene and are used for manufacturing thermal insulators in freezers and are also utilized in the construction industry. Phosgene is also used for producing many polycarbonates and isocyanates that have applications in various industrial sectors.
The phosgene industry has been showing continuous growth in the past which is expected to continue in the near future. Western Europe has been the leading consumer of this compound followed by North America and China. China and the Middle East are expected to grow at a better pace due to the increasing demand for phosgene derivatives mainly toluene diisocyanate and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate.
Phosgene has its application in a number of industrial sectors that include insecticides, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and many others. Growing economies and growth in various industrial sectors mainly in the Asia Pacific region is expected to be a major driver for the phosgene industry. The growing demand for chemicals that use phosgene as an intermediate chemical is also expected to trigger the demand for phosgene.
Phosgene is highly toxic and symptoms of its inhalation are noticed slowly. It mainly leads to respiratory disorders such as suffocation which is a major restraint for the growth of the phosgene industry. If this compound is handled with extensive care and all necessary precautions are taken to avoid inhalation, the restraint can be overcome.
Some of the major players in the phosgene industry are BASF, BayerCrop Science, Dow Chemical, PPG Industries, DuPont, Rubican, and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments