An OTN (Optical Transport Network) is composed of a set of optical network elements, connected by optical fiber links that provides functionality of transport, multiplexing, routing, survivability, and supervision of the optical channel carrying signals. Development in 40 and 100G technologies is driving the market of OTN transport and switching equipment to a great extent, and it is expected to reach USD 10.6 billion by the end of 2015. Increasing use of OTN for transferring information signals is contributing to the growth of the OTN transport and switching equipment market. Further development in technology is expected to add to this growth.
The major objective of OTN is to combine the benefits of SONET/SDH technology with bandwidth expandability of DWDM (dense wavelength division multiplex). Optical transport network functions to apply operations, administration, maintenance, and provisioning functionality of SONET/ SDH to DWDM networks.
- OTN Switching
- OTN Transport
Based on Application
- Longer Reach
- Performance Monitoring
- Enhanced Fault Isolation
This research report provides an analysis of the market depending on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this report study are
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market trends, growth drivers, factors affecting market growth, and market predictions for the coming years. It also provides an analysis of Porter’s five force model, recent technological advancements, and company profiles of the top market players. It includes a review of the micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants.
The key players dominating OTN transport and switching equipment market are ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, BTI, Cisco, Cyan, ECI, Ekinops, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, Nokia Siemens, Tellabs, ZTE, Ciena, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides a seven-year market forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps to know about the recent technological advancements in this market and to stay updated
- It provides a technological growth map over a time and explains its impact on the market
- It provides a comprehensive analysis of the major competitors and their strategies
- It provides a competitive analysis of the changing competition dynamics and helps to stay ahead in the competition
- It helps to make more informed business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the market