A solar cell is a device that captures solar energy and converts the light energy into electricity using organic electronics. This is done due to the photovoltaic characteristics of the solar cell that helps in converting the light energy into electricity. Organic solar cell use is one of the recent developments in this field. It holds the potential to reduce the overall cost involved in manufacturing and installing of silicon solar cells. Organic solar cells are manufactured from thinner films of organic semiconductors that comprise of polyphenylene vinylene and tiny molecules of copper phthalocyanine. These solar cells also include carbon fullerenes and fullerene derivatives.
As silicon prices are continuously soaring, the market for organic solar cells is expected to grow effectively. Hence, the fluctuating silicon prices are acting as one of the crucial driving factors for the organic solar cell market. The small and compact size of thee organic solar cell are rather more beneficial and preferred by the consumers , which also reduces the weight and width of the solar cell compared to traditional or silicon based solar cells. Depleting fossil fuels, the rising demand for electricity, and the rising global temperature owing to burning of fossil fuels are diverging consumers across the globe to use organic solar cells. This in turn is boosting the market growth.
Research and development is responsible for the high cost of manufacturing and production. Hence, the high cost acts as an inhibiting factor for the growth of the market. Over the years the cost involved in manufacturing organic solar cells would reduce and provide new market opportunities. The new upcoming regulations of EPA and Greenpeace, imposing strict ban over the silicon based semiconductor, would further create new market opportunities for the organic solar cell.
Some of the major players of the market are Sono-tek, Heliatek, Solarmer, Mitsubishi, Plextronics, Dyesol, EPFL, Peccell, G24i and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments