Oncology is the study of Cancer. Oncology devices market consists of medical devices involved in diagnosing and treating the disease cancer. The Oncology devices market could be segmented into 2 major categories: by type and by applications. There are two types of Brachytherapy devices and the Endoscopic devices. The segmentation of the market as per the applications is as follows: external radiation beam therapy, Systemic radiation therapy, and the Brachytherapy
According to a report by the American Cancer Society 50% of men and 30% women are likely to develop cancer in some form or the other in their lifetime. An increasing amount of cancer patients is the major driver of the sales of the Oncology devices market. The increasing amount of consumption of tobacco and the increasing amount of carcinogens present in the polluted air or in any other form, is also supposed to drive the oncology devices market in the future. Some of the driving factors of the oncology devices market are: rising disposable income, which enables the patient to avail expensive treatments, easily available medical insurance policies, rising medical tourism activities.
The government policies such as the restrictions imposed by the FDA on medical devices acts as a restraint for the oncology devices market, inability to detect cancer at an early stage or ignoring the early symptoms reduces the chances of survival of a patient, this also acts as a restraint for the market. The developing countries provide immense opportunities for the Oncology devices market as, such economies have a great demand and the supply is yet to match the demand. Heavy investments in R&D also act as an opportunity, as innovative and technologically advanced products always have the capability of substituting its predecessors.
One of the major factors restraining the growth of this market is that the new and technologically advanced products like con focal endomicroscopy are replacing the conventional endoscopy devices. The reason for such a substitution is the fact that a con focal endomicroscopy is helping scientists and medical practitioners to detect cancer at a much early stage.
Some of the key players in the oncology devices market are GE healthcare, IBA group, Oncura Inc, Eckert and Ziegler Bebig, PLC, Theragenics corporation, Accuray, Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, C.R Bard Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments