Obesity can be defined as a medical condition where excess fat deposition leads to adverse health conditions. Obesity increases the chances of diseases related with heart, certain type of cancer, diabetes and osteoarthritis. Obesity has become one of the serious leading healthcare problems across the globe. It is mainly caused by increased fatty intake, reduced physical exercises and sometimes genetic inheritance. Physical exercise and diet management are the main components for the treatment of obesity whereas anti-obesity drugs are also available for fat reduction. However, sometimes diet control, exercise and medication are not effective in weight reduction in such scenarios obese people opt for surgical procedures for weight management. Obesity surgery treats obesity by removal of a portion of the stomach or reduction in size of stomach through application of gastric bands or sleeve gastrectomy.
The market for obesity surgical devices is driven by changing lifestyles, hectic work schedules, less physical exercise and increasing uptake of fast food. As estimated approximately 200 million adults are categorized as obese or overweight and is resulting in 112,000 deaths annually. This presents an enormous need for less invasive weight loss treatments. The obesity surgical devices market is segmented on the basis of various surgery devices and type of surgical procedures. Surgical devices segment comprises adjustable gastric band, intragastric balloon, clip applier, surgical staples, trocars and others. Surgical procedures section comprises restrictive procedures, malabsorptive procedures and mixed procedures.
Geographically, North America dominates the markets followed by Europe and Asia. This dominance in North American region is being witnessed owing to rise in number of obese patients and mounting public awareness. However, high procedural costs are expected to restraint the market growth. On the contrary, growing demand for less invasive procedures and obesity treatment has significantly boosted the market growth. Similarly, increase in disposable income in developing nations is also a major contributing factor towards market growth.
Some of the major players engaged in obesity surgical devices market include Allergan, Inc., Covidien PLC, EnteroMedics, Inc., Cousin Biotech, Surgical IOC, PARE Surgical and other key players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments